Chapter 62.

During my walk back to my room I realize how foolish I have been expecting Max to be different than before. I should have known better. I should have known that this was too good to be true. Max kissing me in front of Liam, Max being nice and wanting "more", Max telling me about her childhood. I should have known that as soon as her friends came along she would go right back to the Max that up until two weeks ago, I despised.

"Hey girl! You coming tonight?" Addison asks as I walk in the room. Tristan is sitting on her bed staring at her in the adoring way I wish Max would stare at me.

"No, I am going to study" I tell her. It's nice to know that everyone was invited yet Max didn't see it fit to invite me. Probably so she could hang out with Molly with any distractions.

"Oh come on! It will be fun. Max will be there" She smiles and I force one back to her.

"Really, it's okay. I need to call my mom and catch up with her and plan my assignments for next week."

"Lameeee!" Addison teases and grabs her purse. "Suit yourself. I'll be out all night so if you need anything let me know." she says and hugs me goodbye.

I call my mother and tell her about my internship, of course she is beyond pleased by my amazing opportunity. I leave Max out of the explanation but I do mention Ken, but I say he is Liam's soon to be stepfather which is true. She asks about Chase and I but dodge her questions. After listening to her talk about her new co-worker whom she believes is having an affair with her boss, we get off the phone. My mind immediately goes back to Max, as always. My life was much more simple before met Max, and now after.. it is complicated and stressful and I am either extremely happy or there is this burning in my chest when I think of her with Molly.

I will go insane if I just here and it's only six o'clock by the time I give up trying to study. Maybe I should go for a walk? I really need some more friends. I grab my phone and call Liam.

"Hey Charli!" his voice is friendly and soothes some of my anxiety over Max and Molly.

"Hey Liam, are you busy?" I ask him.

"No, just watching the game. Why is something wrong?"

"No, I was just wondering if maybe I could come over and hang out.. or maybe if your mom doesn't mind maybe I could take her up on those baking lessons." I laugh.

"Yea of course you can come over. I know she would love that, I will let her know you're coming." he says.

"Okay, the next bus isn't for thirty minutes but I will be there as soon as I can." I tell him.

"Bus? Oh yea, I forgot you haven't found a car. I will come get you."

"No, really it's okay. I don't mind taking the bus, I don't want you to go out of your way."

"Chari, its less than ten miles. I'll leave now." he says and I finally agree.

I grab my purse and check my phone one last time. Of course she hasn't text or called me. I hate the way I feel dependent on her, especially when I obviously can't depend on her. Liam comes to get me and I turn my phone off. If I leave it on, I will go crazy checking it every few minutes. I should just leave it here. I walk over and sit it in my top drawer before I walk out and lock my door. I sit down on the curb and wait for Liam to pick me up. Minutes later he pulls up and honks lightly, I jump off the curb from the surprise and we both laugh as I climb in the car.

"My mother is going insane in the kitchen right now so be prepared for a very detailed baking lesson." He laughs.

"Really? I love the details!" I joke.