Chapter 85.

Max leaves shortly after her and Mr. Vance bicker about a football game. I apologize to him for having a visitor but he brushes it off, telling me that Max is like family and she is welcome to come by anytime. Visions of Max making love to me on the desk take over my imagination and Mr. Vance has to repeat what he said three times before I come back to reality.

I go back to reading the manuscript, I am so into it that I don't realize it is after five when I check the time again. I am an hour late to leave and I have a missed call from Max. When I get to my car I call her back but she doesn't answer. When I get to my room, I am surprised to see Addison on her bed. I almost forgot she lives here too, she is never here.

"Long time no see." I joke and sit down my purse before pulling off my heels.

"Yea.." She says and sniffles.

"Are you okay? What happened?' I sit on her bed with her.

"I think Tristan and I broke up." She sobs. It is a strange sight to see Addison crying, she is usually so strong and sassy.

"Why? What do you mean you think?" I ask and put my hand on her back to comfort her.

"Well, we got in a fight and I broke up with him but I didn't mean it. I don't know why I did it, I was just pissed because he was sitting with her and I know how she is."

"Who?" I ask, even though I somehow know who she is talking about.

"Molly. You should have seen how she was flirting with him and hanging on his every word."

"But she knows you two are together, isn't she your friend?"

"She doesn't care about that, she will do anything to get male attention." She says and wipes her eyes. My already strong dislike of Molly has grown even more as I watch Addison cry.

"I don't think Tristan would go for her, I see the way he looks at you. He really cares about you. I think you should call him and apologize." I suggest.

"What if he is with her?"

"He's not." I assure her. I really don't see Tristan running off with the pink haired snake.

"How do you know? Sometimes you think you know people but you don't." She says and looks into my eyes. "M.." She is cut off by the door opening.

"Hey.." Max says as she takes in the scene in front of her. "Uhmm... should I come back?" She shifts uncomfortably. Max isn't the type to comfort a crying girl. Friend or not.

"No, I am going to go find Tristan and try to apologize." She stands. "Thank you Charli." She hugs me and looks at Max. They exchange awkward glances before she exits the room.

"Are you hungry?" She asks after kissing me hello.

"Yea actually I am." I tell her . I should do some homework for the classes I still have but I am ahead anyway. I really have no idea how or when Max actually works.

"I was thinking after we get something to eat, you could call Karen or Liam and see what I should wear to the .. you know. the wedding." The mention of Liam's name tugs at my heart. I haven't talked to him in a few days and I miss him. I want to tell him about my internship and maybe even about Harry and I. I haven't decided that yet, but I still want to talk to him.

"Yea, I will call Liam. I am excited for the wedding." I tell her. I need to get something to wear to the wedding as well.

"Yea, me too. I am so thrilled. Could I be more excited?" She rolls her eyes and I laugh.

"Well, I am glad you are going. It means a lot to your father and Karen." I praise and she shakes her head.

She has came a long way in the few short months that I have known her.