Chapter 1 ~ I need vacation

Serena lay on her bed, burying her head in her pillow. She was tired, really tired. She was tired of stress, tired of constantly dodging fans, tired of reporters and paparazzi who seemed to find her wherever she was. But above all, she was tired that, no matter how she tried, she still didn't seem to succeed 100%.

It frustrated her, and she let go of the frustrating mixture of sigh and groan that confused her preoccupied Pokemon, Braixen, Pancham, and Sylveon, who had gathered around her. "Brai-Braixen?" asked her eldest Pokemon worried, but Serena didn't answer.

No, the frustration would end now, she thought. She needed rest. And not just sleep, but a decent break of everything that came with the performance. She needed a vacation. And somewhere that performances and competitions had not yet reached. But where would such a region be?

"Serena, are you here?" there was a voice in the hallway and Serena knew that her friend from Hoenn had come home, and her voice was heard with concern.

May Maple, the name of her friend, had come across her by chance as Serena had walked the city, again in her thoughts.

And literally come across. Serena had walked straight towards her and they had both hurt their butt and forehead at that point. Of course, Serena had immediately regretted her own awkwardness and promised to make up for something, but May had only laughed and said that it didn't matter.

She had asked where Serena had been in such a hurry, and when Serena had explained that she was going to sign up for her next Pokémon Contest, May had told her that she was competing in it too and soon they both had introduced themselves to each other and started chatting.

And it hadn't been long before they had already become good friends and when Serena had told her she was living in the Pokemon Center, May had asked her to live with her. Serena had initially refused, but after May had asked and asked, she had finally agreed.

May had clearly been excited, now that her little brother Max had started his own journey and her home had been clearly boring, with most of May and her parents present. When Serena had asked that May's parents had hurt her to live with them, May had assured her that it hadn't hurt them at all. And so Serena had packed up her belongings, handed her over to the Pokemon Center, and moved to May.

And there she had been living there, almost 3 months now, in the same room with May, and now the original owner of that room had come to Serena's concern in the hallway.

"Serena, what's the matter, you're not yourself", May asked her with concern, and the Pokémon nodded heavily at her words, agreeing with her. Serena mumbled something on her pillow and May asked, "Sorry, I didn't hear"

"I'M TIRED!" Serena cried suddenly and May gasped. Serena wasn't really herself. "Tired and frustrated and tired and stressed", she continued as May came to sit on the edge of her bed.

"I need a break from all the competition and performance, May. And I do not mean I no longer like them, on the contrary, they are the company most important things in my life and I love them wholeheartedly but..." she took a breath before continuing, "But now I feel I want a respite, you understand? It's like a break to put myself together and design better shows and relieve myself of all that stress. And I think a break would do a good job for my Pokémon, they have given a lot to these contests and a little break would give them a chance to relax properly. "

After unpacking her mind, Serena sighed deeply and stared at the opposite wall of the room. May noticed that she was flapping her blue ribbon, which she had sewn onto her dress. May had noticed that Serena used to do it when she was nervous or stressed, and May felt that the ribbon was clearly of great importance to Serena.

They were both quiet for a moment, until Serena suddenly asked, "May, are there any regions that the shows and the contests haven't had yet?"

"I'm not sure, why?" May asked, confused.

"Well, I wouldn't want keen fans or journalists to run after me if I was going to take a complete break from everything", Serena explained and kept staring at the wall. May noticed that her eyelids were very dark. A break would do good to Serena.

Suddenly a thought came to her mind. She jumped up from the bed, searched for her bag, and began to look for something there. Serena looked confused at what her friend was doing and when she was asking this May, she exclaimed, "Yeah, I knew they were here!" Having said that, she returned to the bed and threw something into Serena's lap.

The honey-blonde-haired girl looked in her arms, wondering what May had really thrown at her, and after a while, she realized they were brochures. Brochures featuring a beautiful, tropical island and some weird-looking Pokémon. One of them looked just like a palm tree. There was also text on the cover and it said "Alola!"

Serena took the brochure in her hand to examine it further and noticed that it had to be opened. She opened it and inside it revealed more pictures of the tropical island and Pokémon, as well as other strange places and things, such as the strange-looking dessert that looked like a donut, dipped in powdered sugar. There was also text inside the brochure and Serena shifted her eyes curiously to read what it said. It read:

"Come and fall in love with the tropical beautiful Alola! Our four main islands and countless smaller islands provide the opportunity for an unforgettable tropical experience! Just check out the countless Pokémon living in our area, or rent a transport Pokemon and explore our islands with them. Dive into our beautiful coral reefs and see the all-encompassing water Pokemon. Or relax on one of our beautiful beaches and taste our special treat, Malasada! Come and enjoy today! Alola!

"Alola? I have never heard of such a place before", Serena said suddenly with interest. Would it be possible that no one there would have heard of Pokémon contests or performing?

"I was not before I saw those brochures. I thought first of suggesting to my parents that we would go there, but when I saw you a moment ago, I realized that it would be a much better solution if you went there. Believe me, Serena. The place is perfect for vacationing and getting away from it all. And that's what you wanted", May explained and looked at her friend with a smile.

Serena looked back at the brochures. A vacation would really be what she needed now. And in a place like Alola... it would be perfect. She felt a smile spread on her face and turned to look at the Pokémon who had said nothing at all, but instead looked at their trainer with less worried eyes. It was a good thing for them that their trainer smiled.

"What do you say? Wouldn't it be a nice looking place for a little vacation, right?" Serena asked her Pokémon and gave them a brochure for viewing. The Pokémon looked at it for a moment and then let out a cheerful shout:

"Braixen-Brai!"

"Sylveon!"

"Pan-Cham-cham!"

Serena looked at them with a smile and then said, "Then it's clear! Alola, here we come!"