Chapter 14 ~ Linda

Serena and Ash walked along the center of Melemele Island. Serena looked at the shops and market stalls, and Ash looked at Serena (secretly blinking, of course)

His strange feelings near Serena had grown after that beach day and he had gradually begun to realize in his dense head what it was all about. But, because he was Ash Ketchum, that gradually REALLY was gradually.

They had come here to Serena's suggestion. She had wanted to go shopping, but since none of the girls had been arranged that day, (it was a weekend) Ash had finally offered to accompany her because he had nothing else to do. Serena had, of course, gladly accepted the offer and so they had ended up where they were now.

Sere spotted a Malasada stand nearby and pulled Ash to it. They bought Malasada from two, somehow very familiar-looking stallion owners who seemed to be somehow nervous all along. However, as they had paid their malasadas and set out to walk away, the stewards raised their eyes with a crooked grin on their face and chuckled cunningly.

"It was time for us too to get some visibility into this fanfiction," said a magenta-haired woman, Jessie named, staring at her recent clients' widening backs with a crooked grin on her face.

"You're telling the truth, Jessie," said the purple-haired man, James, and beside him stood the talking Meowth, who had taken his wig on his head away for a moment. (A/ N: Meowth speaks plain language here because I can't write its way of speaking.)

"Yeah, that author had time to write 13 chapters of this book, and she never even mentioned us," it said and the blue Pokemon, Wobbuffet, admitted to agreeing by appearing from his Pokeball and saying briskly "Wobbuffet!"

"But now that we've been mentioned, too, we can start focusing again on grabbing that Pikachu," Meowth said and then they chuckled again cunningly.

****

"Ash, slow down a little, I won't stay after you!" Serena giggled and ran after the raven-haired boy, for he had noticed something interesting in a nearby stall and ran towards it.

Ash turned his head as he ran, grinning at Serena, but soon his grin turned into a frown, as Serena suddenly seemed to shout something at him and shake her hands.

"Ash, watch out..!" she shouted, but did not make it to the end when the damage had already taken place.

Ash flew to the ground (Let's play a game: count how many times I have used the falling technique in this book), and guessed, had stumbled on something. He rubbed his right wrist, which had received a blow with the ground, and heard a strange voice mutter, "Damn shoes, I should have put on those flip-flops anyway."

Serena had reached Ash and asked anxiously, " Are you hurt?"

"Not really," said Ash, "But what exactly did I run into?" he thought aloud as he got back to his feet.

"Me, I guess," said a voice in front of them and they turned to see who had spoken.

In front of them stood a stranger girl, roughly their age, perhaps a year or two older. She watched them for a moment and then said with a smile apologetically, "I'm sorry, that you encountered me the way. I am Linda otherwise." And let out her hand in greeting.

Serena immediately saw that she was beautiful. She had big, chocolate brown eyes, long, dark brown, and wavy hair that was open, as well as beautifully tanned skin. She was slender and wore a purple skin-hugging top with pink pearl straps.

She was wearing light blue, tight denim shorts that stuck to her hips with a thick, brown belt. She had big, gold ring earrings in her ears and she was holding a beige canvas bag with a red keychain on her left shoulder. She wore a light yellow sunhat on her head and held in her left hand wedge-heeled yellow shoes she had taken off her feet. Serena had a weird feeling that she wouldn't like this girl very much.