Chapter 17 ~ Night date

Serena felt someone shake her. Then there was a whisper that said, "Serena, wake up," and Serena slowly opened her eyes. "What's now?" she whispered sleepily and waited for her eyes to get used to the darkness of the room.

Out of the glow of dim moonlight shining through the window, she saw that the whisperer was Ash and this one seemed somehow strangely restless. He was wearing his usual clothes and his hair was a little more messier and spreading in every direction. Pikachu sat quietly on his shoulder and there was a small grin on his face.

Serena sat up and asked annoyed, "Ash, what on the Earth are you doing in my room at..." she glanced quickly at the clock on her bedside table "3.35 am? And why did you have to wake me up?"

Ash scratched his neck and said a little apologetically, "Sorry, Serena, but I have something to show you. And it can't wait for the morning," he continued quickly, noticing that Serena was just saying about it. "So... see you at the front door for a moment, and I'll... uh... take you to where I'm going to take you."

Then Ash left the room and Serena remained stunned on her bed. What the heck is Ash doing? Was this Ash's perception of date, or something else like that. On the other hand, Serena would not have been surprised even if it had been. Typical of Ash, she thought and got out of bed.

Serena quickly changed her clothes. Her Alola outfit was in the laundry, so she put on the outfit she wore in Kalos. She brushed her hair a little and then took her bag from the chair. She then silently left her room and headed for the main door.

****
Ash stood on the terrace of the house and leaned against its railing, Pikachu on his shoulder. He had gotten to his head a few days ago that he and Serena hadn't been on a decent date yet, even though they had been dating for almost two weeks. So, Ash had decided to hold one, but since he happened to be Ash Ketchum, these dates wouldn't be in any way "normal."

Ash woke up in thought as Serena stepped out the door. "You better have a good reason for this," she said, yawning a little. Ash smirked and took Serena's hand. "I have," he said to his girlfriend and set out to lead her toward the beach.

After reaching the shore, they stopped for a moment and Serena trembled slightly. Alola's nights were cool, even though the day was scorchingly hot. Ash noticed Serena freezing and asked, a little worried, "Are you okay?"

Serena smiled at him and said, "Yes, no worries." Ash looked like he was going to argue, but then shook his head a little and said, "Come on," and ran along the beach, Serena jogging behind.

****
They ran hand in hand along the shore, Ash leading above and Serena behind, holding her hat. Pikachu ran beside Ash and the full moon shone brightly in the sky.

Suddenly Ash stopped and Serena almost collided with him. "Why did we stop?" she asked and panted a little at the traces of running. They had come to the end of the beach and in front of them was a rocky cliff. To its left was a sandbar, and Serena could not understand why they had come here. However, Ash did not answer her question and headed for the cliff.

Serena followed Ash, and as they approached the rock, Serena noticed that there was a crack in it that could fit. She realized that Ash was going towards it and then Serena had enough of this secrecy. She let go of Ash's hand, and when Ash turned in surprise to look at why, she said: "I'm definitely not going there...", she pointed to the crack, "...until you tell me what on Earth are you planning to, I'm serious."

Ash sighed and said, "Serena, I'd really like to tell you, but then my surprise would be ruined and it wouldn't be nice. You just have to trust me now, Serena." Then he suddenly continued, sounding a little worried, "Can you trust me?" and Serena looked at him.