Chapter 6 ~ Meeting part 1

(A/N: I decided to divide this chapter into two parts, otherwise it would have been quite long)

"Hey Ash, do you wanna take a swim competition on that rock!" exclaimed Kiawe and pointed the big rock a little further out at sea. "You bet!" Ash exclaimed and soon they were on their way. Pikachu sweatdropped and stayed at the beach. "Pika..," he said, looking at his trainer's endless race.

It was a very beautiful sunny day, even in Alola, and Professor Kukui had decided to keep this school day by the beach. The official name for this trip was "get to know and learn about water Pokemons," but in practice, the students were able to do whatever they wanted.

Lana had gone fishing with her Lapras, Ash and Kiawe, well.. they were competing on almost everything as always, Sophocles was tiring again of his invention, Lillie brushed Snowy safely in the shade and Mallow sunbathe on the sand. Even Professor Kukui had decided to take it easy and he was currently reading a book under a parasol.

Kiawe was the first to hit the stone and shake his hand to mark the victory. "Haha, victory," he shouted, and Ash, who hadn't lost much, mumbled something vague about how Kiawe always won.

"Come on Ash, you will win someday," Kiawe said and Ash sighed. They had been competing since Ash's first day at Pokemon School and it didn't seem to end. "Whatever", Ash said, letting himself sit on the rock.

Kiawe did the same and for a moment they sat there silently. Then Ash's eyes caught a cunning look and jumped back into the water, "The first one on the beach wins!" he shouted and Kiawe also jumped into the water shouting: "Hey, that's not fair!" Ash just laughed.

                             ****
Serena had decided to spend another day lying on the beach. She and the Pokémons had taken the necessary supplies and headed for one of Alola's many beaches. This beach didn't seem to be very popular as there were not many people at the moment, even though it was very nice weather, even for Alola. Actually, Serena was the only person there, ignoring the noisy crowd at some distance.

Serena sat on the sand and looked in the direction the crowd was. They seemed to be young, about the same age as herself and they seemed to have fun. The two girls, Serena decided they were girls because they wore bikinis, threw beach balls at each other, and their Pokémon were apparently involved.

Serena also noticed a slightly steady-looking boy who seemed to do something on the towel, but Serena didn't quite differentiate, as the crowd was still quite far away and the rock formation from the sea was a bit ahead.

Serena decided to go see what the crowd was doing. She had been in Alola for about a week now and was starting to feel a little lonely. Although she was with her Pokémon, it was not the same thing. She missed a human company and she missed May's everyday company. So now Serena had decided to go see if she could make friends with those youngsters.

She quickly packed her belongings, shook the sand from her clothes, took the mint-green flipflops in her hand, and called the Pokémons, who had been playing with some wild water Pokemons at the water's edge, and walked toward a bunch of flipflops hanging in one hand and bag in her one shoulder. She had the feeling that this encounter would be somehow significant.

                             ****
Mallow had made Lillie excited about throwing a beach ball with her, and now they were throwing it at each other as Pokémon rushed to their feet.

They had been doing it for a while now and Mallow saw that Lillie was getting tired. She wasn't very athletic, and she didn't really like being in direct sunlight, so Mallow suggested they take a break. Lillie agreed, clearly relieved, and began to brush Snowy's fur again. Mallow yawned slightly as she sat on her towel and gazed around the beach.