Chapter 5 ~ Shopping time and new friend

(A/N: Serena's outfit is not the same as in the picture)

-----------------------------------------------------------

When Serena woke up in the morning, she didn't remember where she was at first. Then she noticed her Pokémon sleeping next to her and her memories returned. Serena smiled. It was a new day at Alola and she was going to take all the joy out of it.

After a while, she had taken a shower and changed her daywear. Serena looked at herself in the bathroom mirror and looked at her outfit.

It was the same where she had traveled around Kalos, the one she had changed after cutting her hair short after losing her first Showcase. Serena liked her outfit, but now she felt she wanted something new while she was in Alola.

Serena closed the door of her room as she left the Pokémon with her heels. She had decided that they should be outside their Pokeballs while they were in Alola so that they too could have a good vacation.

Now Serena and the Pokémon were going shopping, Serena wanted a new outfit and of course, the Pokémon followed their trainer everywhere she went.

"Alola!" said Nurse Joy as Serena walked across the lobby toward the Pokemon Center's main door. "Alola?" Serena asked in amazement. "Yes, we here at Alola say hello to each other that way," Nurse Joy explained and smiled at Serena. "Ah, okay then. Alola!" Serena said, opening the door and going out with the Pokémon on her heels.

Serena did not take long to find the mall. The map of her tablet helped a lot, the friendly locals would be happy to help if she asked for advice and after all that, the mall was a pretty big building.

In fact, the size of the building was what surprised Serena the most. She hadn't thought it was so big and for a moment she just stood there admiring it. Then she shook her head slightly, gathering her thoughts, and stepped into the building with her Pokemon heels.

After a couple of hours, Serena had toured almost all the clothing, jewelry, shoe and accessories stores she had found. She had many bags hanging on her hands, and she had no idea how much money she had spent on shopping. She had decided to take a break and was now sitting at the table of a small café in front of a glass of pink berry smoothie.

Serena looked at her Pokémon, who also had a smoothie ahead. Braixen had found herself a beautiful coral red sunhat and red sunglasses, and she was now sitting on them facing Serena. Pancham and Sylveon hadn't found anything, but it didn't seem to bother them. They seemed just as happy sitting on either side of Braixen.

Serena decided that today's shopping was in it and she decided to head towards the Pokemon Center. She had many shopping bags with her, but she had no problem carrying them, thanks to Braixen, who was about the same size as Serena, and was happy to help with carrying.

Soon they were already at the Pokemon Center, and Sylveon and Pancham, who also wanted to help, would open the door for her. Serena thanked them and entered the Pokemon Center.

Nurse Joy greeted Serena as joyfully as ever, but Serena just smiled at her. She already wanted to put on her new outfit, and she hurried to her room with Pokemon on her heels, Braixen holding her sunhat so that it wouldn't fly off as she ran.

After a moment, Serena looked at herself and her new outfit from the bathroom mirror. Her new outfit consisted of a beautiful, light yellow (or beige, depending on the viewer) T-shirt that could be tied from the bottom to a bow, and so Serena had done. The T-shirt also had a pink and yellow flower pattern, but it was so light that it didn't even stand out.

Serena wore sea green, short shorts, and she wore sneaker-like black-and-orange shoes, but Serena thought she would change them to lighter ones if she thought of going to the beach. For that, she had bought mint green flip flops. She had put on her head a red beanie with a white pattern representing half a Pokéball.