Chapter 38 ~ Performing x Alola = ?

"Ash, hurry up, or we'll be late for school!" exclaimed Serena, already standing at the door, to her boyfriend, who was still changing.

"Just a moment!" exclaimed Ash, and Serena sighed. As usual, Ash had slept a little too long, and now they were starting to be late for school.

Serena drummed the door handle with her fingers and thought. Why did Mondays always have to be like this? Their weekend had been just wild enough, so Monday could very well have been a little calmer.

Serena straightened her red beanie and recalled the previous day. Remembering it made her at the same time frown and feel a little sad.

They had been yesterday at the airport to escort Clemont and Bonnie to the airplane as they left back to Kalos. Ash and Serena had said a little sad goodbye to their friends and promised to keep in touch as much as they could. Clemont and Bonnie had been equally sad and also promised to keep in touch.

But that wasn't the reason Serena frowned. No, because it was because of a completely different thing, and that "thing" was called Eevee.

On Saturday, after returning from his little "adventure", it had just slept and been very quiet. Ash and Serena had been a little worried about it, but the professors, returning home and hearing about the day's events, had comforted and said Eevee was probably just tired. And they had been right.

On Sunday, the situation had completely turned. Eevee had revealed to be a very curious and energetic Pokemon, and from the morning he had been researching everything he could get in his paws. Ash and Serena quickly wished Eevee would have been a little calmer after all, and Serena wondered when was the last time she had to get a Pokemon off the roof when he tried to fly like a Flying-type Pokemon.

Thinking about Eevee made Serena blink around and look for the object of her thoughts. Eevee refused to be in his Pokeball for more than a minute and because of that, Serena was constantly looking that it did not get into any new trouble.

However, she did not see Eevee anywhere and began to worry about whether Eevee had somehow managed to sneak out again. She was just about to open the door and see if Eevee would be seen outside when she suddenly felt someone tapping her on the shoulder and a familiar voice saying a little irritated, "Braixen brai!"

Serena turned and saw Braixen standing in front of her with her hands in a gust. She tapped the ground with her foot and then pointed at her bushy tail and said irritably, "Brai!" And Serena immediately guessed what it was all about.

She sighed and said, "Eevee, get out of there. It's not your nest." She waited a moment for the matter to sink into Eevee's brain and soon Eevee's small head appeared from Braixen's tail. For some strange reason, Eevee liked to hide among it, and Serena thought the reason was that Braixen had kept Eevee's egg among her tail.

Serena walked over to Braixen and lifted little Eevee into her arms. Eevee stared at Serena's eyes, saying, "Evoi?" and Serena smiled at it.

"Funny little Eevee," she said to him and gently tapped Eevee on the nose. Eevee laughed and laughter made Serena smile broadly.

"Someone's having fun," suddenly Ash's voice was heard and Serena and Eevee turned their heads in the direction of the voice. They saw Ash coming, grinning at them with Pikachu on his shoulder, and when they saw the boy, Eevee's mouth spread into a wide grin and it began to wave its tail wildly.

"Yep," said the smiling Serena and let Eevee back to the ground. It immediately rushed to Ash and began happily jump around him. Ash smiled at it and then lifted it over his head, where he left excited and wagging his tail. It grinned at Pikachu and Serena giggled.