Chapter 26 ~ Cave

When the weekend came again, Ash and Serena decided to spend the day just about two of them. They each decided to take only one of their Pokemon (Ash Pikachu and Serena Braixen) with them and head for the sea.

The other Pokemon remained in the care of Professor Kukui and Professor Burnet, who had come to live with them to better study Nebby, and Nebby goes to Lillie. Lillie seemed excited and Nebby seemed to agree. So, Ash and Serena could leave to have fun with the two of them and take a little adventure.

Expect the "little adventure" wasn't very "little"

****

Ash and Serena had gone to sea to surf Mantine. Serena had soon found herself a natural talent in that matter, though she had never done so. After Ash told her that Lana was good at it too, Serena decided one day to challenge Lana to a surfing race.

Ash and Serena surfed side by side and Pikachu enjoyed being on Ash's shoulder. Braixen, who did not like water, had decided to stay in her Pokeball.

Serena glanced at Ash, who was surfing next to her, and grinned. Ash grinned back and pointed in front of a rising pretty big wave. Serena looked at it and then nodded resolutely to Ash. She would easily overcome this wave.

She bent her knees and focused. Ash had stopped his Mantine and watched for a little distance as Serena prepared to surf on the crest of the wave. He put his hand on his hips and smiled a little to himself. Serena was really good at this.

He scratched Pikachu from behind his ear and this one laughed happily. Ash sat down on Mantine and exclaimed for a moment, "Good, Serena!" That was a mistake.

Upon hearing Ash's exclamation, Serena turned her head so fast that she felt her neck click sore and it made her lose her balance. She swayed, tried to get back in balance, but failed, and fell into the water, in other words, into a wave. Her Mantine looked at it and then dived into the water.

Ash cursed himself. Because of him, Serena had fallen. He instructed his Mantine to swim closer to the place where Serena had fallen and looked into the water. The wave had subsided a bit and Ash reached out to see better into the water.

"Boo!" suddenly heard behind him and Ash startled and flew into the water Pikachu with him. While diving into the water, he drew a large amount of water into his lungs and rose to the surface of the coughs while drying his eyes and Pikachu jumped drenched over his Mantine.

Ash heard a close giggle and when he had gotten the most water out of his eyes and lungs, he raised his head and saw Serena sitting on top of his Mantine, laughing and pouring water.

"Why did you do that?" asked Ash and at the same time, Pikachu shook himself like a dog, to get the water out of his fur. Serena protected herself with the most splashes with her hand and said with grinning mischief, "It was revenge for flying into the water."

Ash also jumped on Mantine and grinned at Serena. "Really? Well, then this is my revenge for the recent one," he said and pressed his lips to the girl's lips. Serena wrapped her arms around his neck and Pikachu turned his gaze politely away.

None of them noticed the dark clouds gathering in the sky and the fact that the wind was getting stronger.

****

Serena was the first to notice it. She lay on Ash's chest when she suddenly felt the air cool a little and the wind blowing harder. The waves had also intensified and as she looked up at the sky, drops of water fell on her face.

Soon more of them fell. Serena sat up and Ash noticed that the sky was full of dark clouds. More and more drops fell and soon it could be called rain.