Chapter 28 ~ But what happened to Lillie and Nebby?

(A/N: Hey everyone! A little note from the Author to this beginning before you get to the chapter yourself.

The main characters in this chapter are not Ash and Serena, but the chapter focuses on Lillie and Nebby.

This is because I wrote a few chapters ago that Ash and Serena left Nebby in the care of the Lillie's as they embarked on their adventure. So this chapter tells you what happened to Lillie and Nebby during that time.

But I'll finish the explanations now and you'll get to the chapter yourself :)

-----------------------------------------------------------
"Are you sure you can handle Nebby, Lillie?" Serena asked, a little worried, watching Nebby hovering, giggling around Lillie in the hallway of the girl's mansion. "Or do we leave him to the professors after all, like the other Pokemon?"

"Nah, don't worry Serena, they'll be fine," Ash said, taking the girl's reassuring hand. "Besides, professors have just enough work in other Pokemon."

Serena was still a little insecure. She still remembered Team Rocket's kidnapping attempt on the beach and they could very well do it again. "Yeah, but you can't even touch Nebby..." she began, but Lillie smiled reassuringly at her.

"Ash is right, Serena, we'll be fine," she said, then showed a white sports bag-like bag with a red Pokeball pattern on her shoulder. "And I have this bag so I can carry Nebby."

"You heard it, Serena," Ash said and Serena sighed. "They're absolutely fine, so we can leave. Come on, Pikachu!"

A yellow electric mouse jumped on Ash's shoulder and Ash opened the manor's front door. "We'll pick up Nebby when we get back," he said halfway out already. Then he disappeared into the yard and exclaimed, "Serena, let's go!"

Serena smiled and then said to Lillie, "Bye and be nice Pokemon, Nebby" and then she rushed after Ash, exclaiming, "Ash, wait for me!" and closed the door behind her.

                             ****
Lillie was a little confused to stand in the hallway. "Bye.." she said and her hand lowered. Nebby hovered a questioning look on its face to her and said, "Pew?"

Lillie looked at it and put a smile on her face. Then she said resolutely, "Well, we must be two then," she said, but then I remembered that was not the case.

She took the Pokeball from her bag and lifted it in front of her. Then she said, "No, but three, Snowy, come keep company with us," and a white, little Alolan Vulpix appeared in front of her and whimpered.

Nebby hovered over it and Snowy looked at it a little suspicious. Then it rubbed its face against Snowy's nose and Snowy giggled.

Lillie smiled at them and said contentedly, "Okay, you're going to get along really well, so it's not going to be a problem." Then she took Snowy in her arms and looked at Nebby, evaluating.

Should she try to take it in her arms as well, or put it in a bag? Or should she let Nebby hover free? Lillie rejected the taking on the arms almost immediately; she was not yet ready for it. And putting it in the bag could be a big job, so she decided to let Nebby hover free. At least now this time.

"Come on, Nebby," she said and Nebby turned its gaze from the paintings in Lillie, which it had stared at in wonder. "Let's go to my room, I have to get one thing from there"

Nebby hovered over to her and then they set out to walk towards Lillie's room, Snowy in Lillie's arms.

Lillie smiled as she looked at Nebby as it searched with delight and curiosity for almost everything found in the manor's long corridors.