3 - Set up

Matt's POV

Matt's POV

Matt sat on the couch as the sun begins to rise through the window in front, holding a cup of coffee and his phone in his lap. He sighs quietly and takes a nice sip, and hears a door close from the hallway.

"Oh hi, Matt," A voice says, as Matt turns his head to see Zye, looking sleepy. He hops over the white couch and sits next to Matt.

"Hi.." Matt says quietly, his hands warm from the mug he held. Zye gazes out the window, and Matt takes a glance at Zye. He feels himself blush lightly as he watches Zye's face beam in the sunlight.

Matt shakes his head and looks away. Though I have some feelings, I can't let it get in the way. I don't even know if he's into guys. Matt thought to himself, taking another sip. Matt always had a soft spot for Zye, as he understood Matt the most. They had known one another since they were in third grade. Matt rubbed his pointer finger against his mug, as memories flooded him.

"Hey! Leave him alone!" A voice said. Matt looked up to see a tall boy standing in front of him, blocking the way from the kids bullying him.

"Move out of the way, Zye! He deserves this. He tattle taled and I'm not standing for it." The kid said to the boy, walking forward. Matt flinched, but the boy pushed him away.

"Well if you're gonna pick on someone, pick on someone your own size." said the boy. The group of kids dispersed and the tall boy knelt down and looked into his eyes. "Hey, are you okay? Do you hurt anywhere?" Matt shook his head quietly, his heart beating quickly. The boy helped him up and grabbed his wrist. "I'm Zye, and I'll make sure those bullies don't hurt you again. Let's go to the washroom and wash your knees. They're all scraped up."

Matt felt his face flutter at the memory. Zye was his friend through all his years and was one of the kids who stood up for him. He sunk himself into the corner of the couch with warmth. Zye turned his head and smiled at the boy. "Hey best friend, wanna go get some food?" Zye asked politely. The words best friend stabbed at Matt's heart, but he brushed it away and nodded. They both got up and walked to the kitchen.

Zye's POV

Zye opened the fridge to find a full carton of milk. That's good. We're starting off well with a good carton of milk. He thought as he pulled out the carton. He slid onto the table, where Matt caught it on the other end. Zye opened a cabinet to find three kinds of cereal waiting for him, and with two hands he grabbed all three. He placed them on the table and grabbed 7 bowls and spoons for the group of people. Matt reached his hand over to grab a bowl, and grabbed a cereal, pouring the flakes into the bowl. Grabbing his utensil, he began to eat.