4 - Pool

Vincent's POV

Vincent's POV

"Hey, I hear there's a pool down the street. It's probably empty right now since it's a school day for the neighboring schools." Clay said, looking down at his phone. Vincent leaned over to Clay's shoulder, looking at his phone while he looked up at the pool.

"Oh sweet! Let's totally go! I've been wanting to go to the pool since forever!!" Zak said as he ate his banana. Ian was curled up on the couch with Matt, while Zye and Darryl cleaned up the kitchen. "Can we goooo pleaseeee?" Zak pleaded, trying to make his best puppy eyes.

"Why not?" Zye said as he washed the dishes. Zak cheered and raced for his bedroom, Clay following after with Vincent. Vincent walked into his room and opened his closet. He shuffled through his clothes until he found his dark black and navy swimming trunks. He put them on beneath his clothes and grabbed his backpack. He walked over to the bathroom down the hallway and grabbed three towels: one for Zak, Clay, and himself.

After getting ready, he sat down on the empty couch, where Ian lay curled up in the corner. Vincent smiled and the cat, rubbing his head. "Bon chat," Vincent said as Ian flicked his ear.

A while later, Zak and Clay raced over to the couch, crashing next to Vincent. "Don't crush me!" He exclaimed, inching closer to Ian. Both boys giggled as they waited for the others.

Darryl came out of his room, holding his towel and glasses case. "I'm willing to drive. I'll go steal Zak's car."

Zak widened his eyes and scampered from the couch, blocking the door. "Hey! Don't steal my precious car! You can drive it, but don't steal it!!"

Zye's POV

"We're here!" Zye says as they pulled up in his car. Matt excitedly pointed out to the pool that was surrounded by caging. Zye smiled and turned his key, which stopped the car. George and Harvey opened the car doors and raced out towards the entrance. Matt raced over to Zye's side, holding two towels and some sunscreen.

Zye watched as Zak's car drove in next to his car, the parking lot almost empty. Zak jumped out of the car and raced after George and Harvey, who waited at the front desk. Darryl opened from the driver's seat and yells out "Zak! Wait for us!!"

Matt grabs Zye's hand, pulling him towards the group. Zye smiled and said, "You going to protect me now?"

Matt looked away into the distance and nodded softly. "It's my turn to be there for you," Matt said quietly under his breath. Zye flushed a little, turning his head away. Though his voice is always soft, he's really good with his words...