21 - Another Morning

Zak's POV

Zak's POV

It had been a week since Gladys left, and Darryl has come in each morning to check in with him, bringing a cup of coffee with him. Life began to feel like it was moving again, and Gladys wasn't to be seen for a while.

"Morning Zak.." a voice whispered from across the room, Zak peaking his eyes open softly to see Darryl standing at the door. "Here's some coffee, with cream!" The boy walked over to Zak's bed and placed the warm mug on the side table. Zak stretched out his arms, softly sitting himself up.

"Thank you, Darryl," Zak says, grabbing the coffee. He pressed his lips against the red, warm mug. After taking a sip, he then glances up at the boy sitting next to him. "You know you don't have to do this anymore right? I worry I'm being a bur-"

Darryl cut off his words, looking seriously into the other boy's eyes. "For the last time you fatty, you're not a burden. I like bringing you coffee, it makes me feel good to know you're feeling good." Zak's eyes softened as he took another sip of his coffee and sighed.

"So, what's the schedule today?" Zak asked in between sips. Darryl let out a hmmm sound as he thought.

"I guess we can do some videos so the only thing you'll have to do is edit them-" Darryl replied. "And I heard we are going to have a Cookout in the backyard. I know Vincent is inviting some friends so it'll be really fun." The black-haired boy watched as the boy stared off into the distance, the boy's mind probably swirling with trying to think.

"Are we gonna have Hamburgers? I hope we do..." Zak asks, looking down at Ranger, who was curled up by Zak's feet.

"You're thinking hamburgers at this time of day?" Darryl chuckled, reaching his hand to pet the fluffy dog on its back. Zak smirked and sighed softly.

"It's because it's pingspoofer going through the bisector hours." Zak joked, sliding his lets out from beneath the covers and placing his mug on the table. He walked over to his closet and pulled out a pair of white socks, some jeans, a grey shirt, and his favorite Skeppy hoodie. He placed the bundle of neatly folded clothes on his desk, walking over to where Darryl sat, distracted by the sleeping dog.

Zak suddenly lifted his right hand out and patted it right on top of Darryl's head. The taller boy flinching, he turned his head towards Zak. "What do you want you memer?" Darryl asked, brushing the small boy's hand off of his head.

"Ya gotta gooooo... I need to get dressed.." Zak said, stretching his words out as if he was whining. Darryl nodded and stood up, walking towards the door.

The boy hesitated and turned his head, a big smile on his face. "I'll be in the living room, okay?" Zak gave him a thumbs-up as the taller boy exited the room, closing the door softly behind him.