22 - Prepare

Vincent's POV

"Okay, we need to head out to the store for supplies," George said as he stood against the kitchen counter, Vincent sitting at the island while Harvey and Clay ate their breakfast. George turned around and grabbed a notepad with a pen, grasping the notes in one hand with the pen in the other. "So, what should we get? Asides from Hamburger stuff of course."

"Oooo can we get hotdogs? Variety is something we should have!" Harvey through his bites of food, holding the bowl and spoon as he sat on the counter. George jot down the list the boys came up with, then took Vincent and Harvey with him. He snatched the car keys that sat on the table near the coat rack, slipped on his shoes, and waited for the other two to get ready.

"Honestly, those shoes would make me lose brain cells when putting them on." George smiled down at Harvey, who was struggling to get on his shoes. The boy let out a chuckle and finished up, Vincent following after them with his wallet.

They all headed out for the car, George getting in the driver seat and Vincent claiming the other front seat yelling "shotgun! fusil à Pompe!" They all piled into Zye's car and George turned the key to get the car started. They drove out of the driveway and down the street, following them for about 7 minutes to get to the store. As they walked through the sliding doors of the entrance, Harvey jumped past them and pulled over a cart. He hopped over the side and sat in the cart, gripping the sides with his hands.

"We going to do this..?" Vincent sighed with satisfaction in his voice.

"Of course! Who wouldn't..?" Harvey said, smiling back at Vincent who gripped the handle.

"A sensible man.." Vincent said, rolling his eyes and pushing against the cart moving. George fell by Vincent's side as they toured around the store picking up the items.

Harvey leaned his back against the back of the cart as they strolled on, turning into the refrigerated meat section. "Okay. Hot dogs and Burgers right..?" George asked, opening a door of the refrigerated row.

"Yeah. But make sure to get double the amount, I have a weird feeling the boys will chow down. They all get so hungry..." Vincent added, watching George grab 4 huge boxes of burgers. Carrying them over, he dunked all the cold boxes into Harvey's lap.

"g-GAH COLD" Harvey flinched, brushing the boxes out his lap. George laughed watching them try to brush off all the ice that had fallen on his jeans. "Now my pants are all cold and wet. Frick you George." 

Vincent rolled his eyes as he pushed the cart forward, George trailing after as he looked among the other fridge doors. Harvey shook the cart a little, turning their head bad at Vincent with bright eyes. "Pleasee can you run the cart around? I want to be SPEED" he said, a huge grin on his face.

Vincent lifted his hands off the cart, letting the cart drift away. "Don't get me involved doofus. Have George do it." He snickered, George, trailing up behind him.

"Do what?" George asked, tilting his head like a confused puppy. Vincent walked ahead to grab more items while Harvey begged George to drive the cart. Stuck with them, but they are stupidly tolerable. He chuckled softly, grabbing a pack of hotdogs.

Darryl's POV

Darryl sat next to Zak's door, tapping his fingers against his phone as he reflected on the actions that occurred behind closed doors. How long had it gone on... Why did Zak not say anything.. How could I've been so oblivious? Darryl knew he sometimes wouldn't catch up on social cues or accidentally stare off into space, but didn't realize how little he noticed. He hugged his legs as he stared at the floor, Rat letting out a whimper beside him. Lifting an arm, he placed his hand on the little pup's head, feeling the curled fur beneath his fingertips.