5 - Pool pt.2

Zak's POV

Zak's POV

As the sun fell beneath the trees, Zak watched as his friends got out of the pool. Darryl swam next to him. "The water is so pretty at night with the lights.." Darryl said, looking down. Zak felt his heart beat quicker. Why does it keep doing that around- oh... maybe... uhh maybe it's just because he's my best friend...! Zak lied to himself.

Darryl turned to the shorter boy and smiled. "Time to go back out muffin," Darryl said. "Want to hold onto my arm while we go back...? You look tired..." Zak felt his muscles aching from today. He nodded slowly and latched his hands on Darryl's arm. Zak could feel his face flush lightly from Darryl's kindness. He took them back to the steps where they climbed up and out.

Zak muttered a small thanks before walking over to Vincent who held a towel out for him. Zak reached out and took it, wrapping himself in the warm blanket. Suddenly, He felt someone place their hand on his head. Looking over, he saw Darryl smiling down at him. "You're such a pingspoofer" Zak laughed as he batted away his hand.

"Hey! I'm am not a pingspoofer!!" Darryl said with annoyance. Zak laughed as he ran away for the car. "Oh no, you don't! Get back here you muffin man!!" Darryl then began to chase after him.

Vincent chuckled "those two are such a pair..." Clay walked up next to him and smiled.

"They will drive each other crazy until the end of time my god.." Clay said. Vincent grabbed his backpack and followed the other people out of the pool. The sun was setting quickly, and Vincent hopped into Zak's car.

"I'm driving, so at least let me pick a song!" Darryl began to touch the radio. Zak pouted and waited for him to move his hand away. He quickly turned the dial to another station. "Hey!" Darryl grabbed Zak's wrist and placed it down in between them. Zak tried to wiggle free, but Darryl's hand was tight. He turned off the radio, driving out of the lot and home.

Zak felt his face flush lightly. It's as if he's holding my hand.. oh my goodness brain.. stop it.!! Zak shook his head and looked out the window. He felt Darryl loosen his grip, but Zak didn't move his hand away. Clay and Vincent silently glanced at one another with mischief.

"You gonna move your hand Zak..?" Vincent said, smirking. Zak flinched and felt Darryl's grip tighten. Zak blushed and turned his head away.

"Oh don't you care you, french man. I'm making sure he doesn't touch the stupid radio." Darryl said. He was lightly blushing as well, but no one noticed. Zak felt his wrist being let go of, and Zak moved his hand to his own chest. Thump, thump, thump.. his heartbeat.

D-....do I like my best friend...?

George's POV

George walked up the steps with Harvey, Zye, and Matt behind them. Unlocking the door, Rat barked at the four. George knelt down and pat the pup on her head. "Good Rat, keeping the home protected.." George said as he pet her.

Zak, Darryl, Vincent, and Clay came in from behind, and both Zak and Darryl quietly headed for their rooms. "Let's make sure to take showers. Who's the first two since there are two bathrooms?" George asked. Clay raised his hand and so did Zye. They both rushed to their rooms for some clean clothes.

As they showered, George and the others chilled on the couch, watching a show on Netflix. "Brooooo! Why would you go in there!? You're gonna die!!" Harvey screamed at the characters on TV. Matt chuckled softly before walking over into the kitchen.

George watched as Vincent cradled Ian in his arms, the cat putting his paws on Vincent's chest. Harvey continued to yell at the screen, and George waited for the others to finish showering.

"I'm finished! George, you can go in now!" Clay yelled from down the hallway. George stood up and walked to his room. He opened his drawers and picked out his PJs, then walked down the hall to the open bathroom. Closing the door, he set down his clothes on the sink table and began to undress. He turned the handle to the left, which made the shower turn on, cold water spraying.

After a while, someone began to open the door, luckily the shower was not facing the entrance, and George yelled "hey! I'm in here you know!" The door shut quickly.

"Ahhh! Sorry, dude!!! I forgot!! I promise I saw nothing..!!" Zak screamed from behind the doorway. He heard footsteps from the other side of the door disappear. George relaxed and finished up, putting on his PJs and opening the door. He walked down the hallway and glanced into Zak's room, where Zak sat on his bed quietly.

George peaked his head in and watched as the boy flinched. Zak began to open his mouth to say something but George cut him off. "Don't worry. It happens to the best of us." George said before beginning to walk out.

"W-wait..! I need your advice..." Zak called out. George turned and walked over. He sat next to Zak who looked down at his lap. It was a few moments of silence until Zak spoke. "I... I think I like this guy I met... but I don't know... I feel my heart beat faster.. except my mind denies it.."

George placed a hand on his back. "You don't have to tell me who you like, but the best advice I have is to take it slow, and figure out your feelings. Once you understand them, it will be able to help you through it." Zak nodded softly and gave George a light hug. The taller boy smiled and said "Don't worry buddy. Why don't you work on a video? I can tell from your Twitter that your fans are getting restless. Maybe we can do a challenge again. I bet I'd beat your butt."

"Ha! Try me!!" Zak perked up. He let go and turned on his computer. George stood up and walked out to his room. He turned on his computer and logged into Minecraft. Connecting to Teamspeak, they began to set up. As George opened his game, his head swirled with thoughts. I wonder who it is... he thought to himself. Clay? No... he's too sly for Zak. I can't be me, because knowing Zak he would've confessed right then and there... Vincent? No.. he went down the list until he realized.

Does Zak... like Darryl...?

word count: 1105

Trying to figure out still how I'll be directing this book. I should somehow make a twist, but don't worry I'll figure it out.

Also, I was wonder about the pace.. is this story going to fast? Pls let me know!

~Redacted