10 - Decisions

Warning! This chapter contains medical-like instances that may be mind-numbing to some!

Look for the ⚠️ on when to stop and start reading :0

Thanks!

Darryl's POV

"You're such good muffins" Darryl muttered, stroking the heads of his pups. They curled up on his bed, accompanying each other as they slept.

Suddenly, a knock was at the door. When it opened, Zak slowly shuffled through the small crack in the door. Darryl chuckled softly as the boy tripped over a toy while walking over, trying to balance himself. Behind him, the German Shepard followed after Zak, tail bobbing with each step.

"Awe.. Rat is so fluffy.." Zak whispered softly, sliding down to the floor next to the bed in the wall. Darryl smiled and nodded, reaching out his hand to the bigger dog that sat next to Zak.  The dog hesitated before letting Darryl pet him but immediately began to enjoy his head rubs.

"So.. what are you gonna name him..?" Darryl whispered quietly. Zak looked up at Darryl's eyes and shrugged.

"I thought it would be best not to get attached.. since I don't think we are keeping him.. right..?" Zak asked, glancing at the German Shepard which was nuzzling Darryl's hand.

"Why not keep him? Since Rocco lives with your parents, it would be good to have a pup to keep you company." Darryl said. Plus he's pretty attached to us, ever since we helped him out.

"Oh shoot that's right! I have to take him to the vet to get checked." Zak said, standing back up. As he spoke, Darryl's dogs sat up, eyes opening. Rat gave a big yawn before walking out to Darryl.

"You muffin! You woke them up!" Darryl sighed and smiled down at Rat. Zak placed his hand on Darryl's head before running off out of his room, the big dog chasing after him. Darryl lay back as Zak ran off, looking up at the ceiling.

Suddenly thoughts of two days ago passed through his mind. He remembered as Zak was beneath him, Darryl was able to feel the smaller boy's heartbeat quickly. Darryl flushed lightly before grabbing a pillow and slamming it into his face.

No... no.. I don't like him again.. he must've used a lot of strength to pull me up and that is why...

Darryl then began to remember how he used to like him way back then, and when being in Team-speak his heart would flutter to the sound of Zak's giggles, even if he was being a little annoying at times.

He shook away his thoughts and stood up, brushing his shoulders off and walking over to his desk. He sat down and began to scan over his Twitter, retweeting cute art made for him by his fans.