8 - Search

Zak's POV

Zak's POV

Something began to shake Zak as he lay comfily in bed. He slowly opened his eyes to see Darryl fully dressed, staring down at him.
"You promise me you help find them.. please let's hurry so I don't have to wait any longer," Darryl said quickly. Zak rubbed his eyes and lifted himself out of bed, walking over to the closet for clean clothes. He grabbed his nice blue hoodie and some grey jeans, with his other items.

"Uh... do you mind.." Zak asked, holding a cluster of nicely folded clothes. Darryl snapped his head at the boy and noticed the clothes, then quickly walked out the door. Zak dresses quickly, then grabbed a bag of medical supplies that Darryl held once opening the door. "Is there food and stuff in here..?" Zak glanced out of the window. It was beginning to brighten outside, which probably meant Darryl woke him up at 6:00 am. Figures.

"Yes, Flashlights, our phones, and everything we need.." Darryl said, his voice filled with worry. Zak lifted the bag to his shoulder and then opened the door. He and Darryl quickly walked to the car.

"We're he-" Zak began, but was cut off by Darryl already out. He got out of the car and rushed out after his friend. Rat seems super important to Bad.. I hope we find her soon..he's going to tear this forest down unless we find her.

Zye's POV

Zye woke up and opened his door to look at the doorway where Zak and Darryl's shoes were gone. We missed them. Shoot.

He walked out and closed his door, walking over to Matt's and knocking. A small soft "Come in!" was from behind the doorway and he walked in slowly, closing the door behind him.

"O-oh! Zye.. hello.." Matt stammered, looking at the floor. Zye walked over to his bed and sat on its side. He looks down at his legs with anxiety.

A minute of silence goes by, the tension so thick it could break the walls. Until Zye spoke. "So.. asides from the incident.. what exactly were you saying to me.." Zye turned his head, heart beating quickly.

"Oh...! You know... you're pretty cool and stuff..! Such a good friend." Matt said quickly. Zye tilted his head and glanced thoroughly at the smaller boy. Matt didn't give eye contact and looked down at his hands.

"I feeeeeeel like that's not true bud," Zye said, his heart fluttering. Unless it was... and It sucks to suck. He hoped he was right.

Matt looked down with thought until he spoke. "F-fine..." He said, shuffling to a sitting position on the bed. A few minutes go by, and the boy speaks again. "W-well.. I uh.. I was going to say.." Matt began to fill with more anxiety, which twisted what he wanted to say. Zye placed a hand on his, which made the boy look up at him. Matt then took a breath, not breaking eye contact. "I.. I was going to say.." he then muttered. "..to say that I like you very much. I've felt this way since the 7th grade, and nothing can change my feelings toward you."