19 - Pitter patter

Darryl's POV

Darryl's POV

Darryl slides softly into Zak's room, his hand sitting behind his back. Once he shut the door, he noticed Zak's figure curled up on the bed in a darkly lit room. "Z-Zak...?" Darryl calls quietly, the boy sitting up quickly to his voice.

"Oh... hi..." Zak whispered back. "Y-you probably shouldn't be in here.... for reasons.." the boy slides back in his position. Darryl sighs and looks outside the gloomy window, light raindrops pattering against the thick glass.

"Why am I not allowed to see my best muffin..?" Darryl asks softly, beginning to walk over toward him. He slides onto the side of his bed and watches as the boy digs his face into a small blue pillow.

"It's.. complicated.." Zak murmurs softly. "I.. I just can't say." Darryl lifts a hand and placed it on Zak's black hair. Soft.. hm... Darryl thinks, closing his eyes. He feels Zak brush the boy's hand away, making him crack a small frown.

"You're my best friend. Just know I'll always be here for you." Darryl murmured, sliding away off the bed. He walked over silently to Ranger, who was curled up in one of Zak's bean bags. He softly placed his pointer and middle finger against the dog's head, brushing them slowly down the dog's back. Ranger flicked his tail slightly with satisfaction, his chest rising and falling.

"Good dog. Make sure you're there for him okay..?" Darryl muttered softly, pushing himself back up with his arms. He slid back to the door, waiting in front of it. "Hm... uh.. just know I'm always here for you. You're a lot to me." Darryl said softly, exiting Zak's room.

As he pressed himself against the front of the boy's door, he noticed Gladys standing only a few feet away. She was staring at him, her eyes narrowed which gave off such a hateful feeling. Confused, Darryl slides back up from where he stands and walks over slowly to her. "U-uh.. you okay...?" He asks, lifting his hand out.

"Yeah. Fine." Gladys deadpanned, walking away down the hallway to the kitchen. Hm. Weird... Darryl says to himself, dropping his hand down and walking away slowly to his own room. As Darryl closes the door, Rat and her brother bounding up to see him.

"Hi guys! How are you guys doing..?" He says, kneeling down to their level. Rat lets out a bark, lifting her front paws onto Darryl's legs. The boy chuckles, brushing his hands against their fur. "You two are good muffins."

Darryl then stands up and walks to his desk, sliding into his black swivel chair and opening up his Minecraft. He watched as the screen loads in, the blur of a mountain appearing in the background. He clicks for his server, sliding himself closer to his computer. Darryl loads in and begins to patrol the servers, making sure there's no funny business or people hacking.