15 - Hurt

Darryl's POV

Darryl's POV

"Hey! You cheated!" Darryl said, glancing at the boy sitting at the other side of the table next to Clay and George.

"There's no rule that says you can eat a card." Zak muffled, the card sitting between his teeth. George was balling with laughter as Darryl grunted with annoyance.

"You just made the card wet and disgusting you fatty!" Darryl said, holding his head in his hand. Gladys sat next to him with Vincent, while Matt and Zye sat on the couch. Harvey was napping on the floor with Ian curled up against his stomach.

"Ewwww... I'm not touching that card." Gladys said, leaning ever so lightly onto Darryl's shoulder. Darryl watched Zak's face darken, and pull the card out from his mouth. Darryl's thoughts then began to spin as he watched Zak rub the card against his hoodie. Wonder what happened... Did I do something..?

"Okay! Now it's my turn." George said, pulling his hand over to the pile of cards. He pulled the small card on the top and placed it in his hand full of cards. "Okay.. yeah no I'm not going to win anytime soon.." George huffed, slouching his shoulders slightly.

"Hey Clay, got a Four of spades?" Clay said,  watching as the girl looked through her cards. Gladys smirked and stuck out her tongue.

"Gooooooo fishhhhh!" The girl said, chuckling a little. Clay rolled his eyes and picked up a card. Darryl watched as the boy pulled his card back up from his hand and then another card closer to the middle. He laid them nicely with his other pairs. "What!?" The black-haired girl exclaimed.

"How lucky! He gets to go again if he found that.." Darryl said, stretching his arms lightly. Clay glanced back and forth around his small deck of about four cards.

"Darrryllll your deck is bleeding.." Zak called, snapping the taller boy's attention to the deck he held.

"Uh.. Zak... how do cards bleed? Are just memeing?" Darryl said, glaring confusedly at the raven-haired boy. Zak began to chuckle softly before shaking his head.

"No you pingspoofer... it means we.. or I.. can see your cards from where I'm sitting." Zak laughed. Darryl snapped back to his cards to notice one of his cards was flipped towards them. He quickly turned it back and looked away with embarrassment. Darryl shook the hiccup off and continued to play.

"Okay, my turn. Do you have a King of Hearts Vincent?"

Matt's POV

"Ugh, that game seemed to take forever.." Zak complained as he walked next to Matt and Zye down the hallway.

"At least Darryl got what he wanted to do and Clay of course won, so I guess it went well," Zye said, turning to his room. Matt followed behind him, brushing against the taller boy's jacket. "See ya later Zak," Zye said, turning the handle and opening the door to a room lit by the remaining sunlight.