6 - Their Conflicts

Matt's POV

Matt's POV

"Don't ever talk to me again!" Zye pushed Matt to the ground, his heart feeling as if it would shatter. Zye began to run away, and Matt stretched his arm out towards him. He stood up and rushed after him. He tried to call out to him, but no sound came from him. He watched as Zye disappeared into the darkness. Matt felt the ground fall beneath him and tried to scream for help. Before he hit the ground, he opened his eyes and flinched. He lifted his arm to push him up, feeling the wooden floor beneath him.

Matt placed his hand on his back. Oh.. it was just a dream... His door bursts open, and Zye runs to his side. "Are you okay?! What happened?" Zye asks, his eyes wide with fear. Matt nodded lightly and hugged Zye.  That dream felt so real...

Zye hugged him back and with his strength, lifted the boy onto his bed. Zye sat beside him and felt tears streaming from Matt's cheeks and onto his shoulder. He tried to stop, worrying his friend would make fun of him for crying. But Zye held him tighter. "What happened Matt.." His friend whispered.

"I-it's just a bad dream.. t-that's all.." Matt sniffled. The dream he had made Matt more fearful. He didn't want Zye to know his feelings, worried about it breaking the bond between them. He dug his head into Zye's chest, lifting a hand to rid himself of his tears.

"As long as you're alright. Want to talk about the dream?" Zye asked. Matt hesitated but nodded. Lifting his head, he pulled down his bandana to his neck. Zye has been one of the only people who had seen him without it.

Matt talked about the dream, leaving out Zye's name. His friend sighed with sympathy, lifting a hand to Matt's cheek. He felt Matt flinch as Zye brushed the scars on it. "I'm so sorry bud... and for the arm, you fell on. The thump sounded hard even from my room." Zye said as he pulled his hand away.

"M-maybe I should go back to sleep," Matt said, crawling beneath his covers. He glanced at his clock. 1:41 am it read. As he closed his eyes, he felt something move next to him. Matt blinked and looked up to see Zye staring down at him.

"Thought I could stay here to make sure you don't fall on the floor again." He whispered. Matt nodded, feeling himself blush. He pulled his bandana up over his cheeks so he wouldn't see.

Zye's POV

Zye settles himself beneath the covers and turns towards the direction of the door. His eyes softened, and he felt himself calm down. I bet that fall was hard... I hope he's alright... Zye begins to turn himself back to check on him, but pauses and limply falls back. He didn't want him to feel uncomfortable that his friend was asking him so many questions and checking up on him. Or maybe it was that Zye didn't think they were just friends. Ever since that day on the playground back in around third grade, he always noticed Matt was like a little brother to him. He always was willing to do what Zye liked, and after that day he was as fierce as a tiger. When Zak would start messing up his own server, Matt would always be there to either joke around or snap at him to not ruin the economy with that super enchanted diamond sword.