13 - Please tell me, Boy

Clay's POV

Clay's POV

Clay sighed as he sat on his own bed, the rain battering against his window. It had been two days since his confession, and his anxiety began to build. Clay stuffed his face into one of his pillows as his mind began went deeply into his thoughts.

Clay then heard a muffled voice and his door opening. He lifted his head away from the pillow, enough to hear the person talk again. "Hey Clay...? Can you hear me? You haven't been out of your room since like yesterday.. it's almost 3:00.." Darryl's voice chimed from across the room. He was right, Clay hadn't been out of his room unless it was to use the restroom or grab something to eat.

Clay groaned and sat up, shaking his head to mess up his hair. "Y-Yeah.. yeah I'm fine." He said, trying to clear the upset feeling in his throat.

"So.. would you like to come to walk Ranger with Zak and me?" Darryl asked, Zak, walking by with Ranger. Clay hesitated, but nodded and stood up. He walked to his door and slid past Darryl out to the hallway. He walked to the front door and cleared his throat.

Darryl followed behind him, his hands in the pockets of his black and red hoodie. Clay slid on his shoes, and walked over to Ranger, who was attached to a red-colored leash. Clay knelt down and pet him, the dog brushing his head against Clay's hand. It made Clay feel more assured, and he cracked a small smile.

"I'm ready! Let's gooooooo!" Zak chirped from beside them. The small boy picked up the leash and guided Ranger away from Clay's distance. Clay sighed and stood up, following the dog and Zak.

Darryl closed the door as Zak and Clay walked down the steps. Clay lifted his head, the blue sky in his view. They all walked down the driveway and to the right, Ranger leading them. As they walked, Clay closed his eyes, the sounds of birds echoing around him.

"Hey, have you been doing okay? You don't seem like your chill, cheery self." Darryl's voice cut through the peacefulness, making Clay flinch. Clay nodded quickly and began waking faster, up to Ranger's speed. "Wait-" Darryl began, but he didn't go further.

Clay's stomach tossed and turned, his conflicts getting too deeply to his head. He looked down and watched as Ranger trotted happily, panting from the excitement of walking. Seems dogs will always live laid back. He smiled softly and stopped his pace so he could walk next to Darryl again.

"Sorry. I'm just... it's complicated." Clay said softly, turning his head away towards the road.

"Don't worry. I know how that feels." Darryl said. "I'm the one who deals with a mob of meme muffins each Saturday."

Zak snickered and turned his head. "Meme muffins.." he chuckled.

"Hey! Don't make fun of my wording! You can barely even type!" Darryl yelled back. Zak laughed and from the corner of Clay's eye, ran ahead with the dog. "Get back here you fatty!" Darryl ran after him down the street.