12 - His Heart

Matt's POV

Matt's POV

Matt sighed as he placed his hand on his desk. He grabbed his brush and moved his hair around, trying to get it to sit still. Today, Zye was taking him on a date over to some secret place he wouldn't tell him about. Matt tried to get him to tell him, but Zye wouldn't budge.

Zye was in his room, preparing for their first date. Matt sat impatiently but silent, and remembered what Zye said. Matt pulled his legs up onto the chair as he thought. "Remember, Don't come out of your room until I tell you to," Zye said, winking at the small boy.

"I wonder what he's planning. I know he's practicing his guitar.. maybe he's making me a song and doesn't want me to see his guitar!" Matt whispered, talking to himself. Putting his legs down he pulled himself closer to his desk, grabbing his notebook and a pencil. That's when he began to write. Matt was a good writer while also being a good manager to Zak's crazy server. In his free time, he'd write stories and poems. I must write something for Zye.

Zye's POV

Pressing his fingers against the basket of food, he pushed the basket to the back of his trunk. He glanced over at his guitar, which just about fit in the back. He lifted down the door until he heard it click shut. Zye brushed his hands off and strutted back inside to fetch Matt.

"Mattttt! You can come back now. I'm ready to go!" Zye said, tapping at Zye's door lightly. Sounds of paper and shuffling came from the other side of the door, until Matt opened the door quickly, holding a notebook and pencil.

"Yes yes, I'm ready...!" Matt said as loudly as he could, lifting his bandana over his mouth. He followed the boy out to the doorway, where Matt quickly slipped on his light green shoes.

"Where you guys going?" A voice called out. Zye turned to see Harvey and George looking at them from the couch. Harvey hung his arms over the couch's back, seeming bored.

"Oh, just a date," Matt said softly, chuckling as he grabbed Zye's arm. The boy dragged Zye out before Harvey could respond, closing the door behind them.

"Why did you tell them..?" Zye said, Confused. Matt liked being more closed off about relationships and stuff, so this was kind of odd.

"Harvey knew long before you knew I liked you," Matt said shyly, lifting his hand as he walked down the steps. The boy clutched his notebook in his arm. "He covered for us when you slept with me that one time." Zye felt his face flush, remembering the warmth of Matt's bed. "Now, let's goooo! I've been waiting all day."

Zye chuckled and placed his hand on Matt's head, shaking up his hair a little. They walked to Zye's car, Matt getting into the passenger seat. Once closing Zye's door, he turned the key, his car giving out a low grumble. He turned the car into reverse, pulling the car out of the driveway. He shifted the gear back to forward, and began driving down the road.