18 - Act three

Zye's POV

Zye's POV

Zye sat on the couch, his arm carried over the back of it. He directed his attention to the TV, listening to the voices of the actors in the movie Matt picked for them to watch this Friday night.

"Cool movie, huh?" Matt whispered softly from his left. Zye turned his head and nodded, though he'd rather spend some alone time with his sorta boyfriend. Boyfriend.. hm.. Zye shivered with excitement, the word passed in his mind. Though I'm not so into movie stuff, I'll do it for him. He kept his eyes glued on Matt, who was looking at the tv screen with interest.

Zye slid his arm from the back of the couch and then shifted it behind Matt's back, wrapping his arm around the boy. Matt leaned in softly to Zelk's arm, laying his cheek softly against the boy's wrist. "After the movie, it will maybe be time to sleep. It's.. like 1 am right now.." Zye whispered, Matt then nodding softly with acknowledgment.

As they watched, Zye heard a creek of a floor panel behind him. He turned his head to see no one, just the rack of coats and side table by the door. Hm. Zye whipped his head back around, continuing to watch the movie. After a while, a mumbled voice appeared. Zye turned his head quickly, noticing something at the entrance down the hallway. He realized it was Gladys, who was staring at the two with a glare.

"Hey. I'll be right back okay..? I've gotta charge my phone." Zye lied, sliding his arm back around. Matt nodded without a word, turning his head back forward as Zye curved around the couch and towards the hallway. Once reaching it, Gladys stood in front of him, seeming somewhat deadpanned. "Well? Why are you staring down my boyfriend and I..?" Zye said quietly.

Gladys widened her eyes for a few seconds before turning to a nasty stink-eye. "Of course. You're a fucking gay kid, like everyone else in this stupid house." She muttered, glaring her eyes straight into Zelk's.

"Well. I guess this was that nasty vibe I got from you at the start. If you're so annoyed by everyone, why are you even here at all..?" Zye asked, his tone turning sharp. Gladys began to raise her hand, which meant two things- she was going to fix her hair, or she was going to try and hit him.

"Look. I'd leave here if I could. But I didn't travel all the way here from South Carolina for nothing." Gladys said through her teeth. "But I'm here for a reason. That reason being.." Suddenly, Gladys' hand shot up quickly, startling Zelk. Before Gladys could take her swing, Zelk lunged his arm to her wrist, holding it firmly. She began to try pulling it away, continuing her sentence as she tried ripping her arm away. "to... Ngh.... get Darryl away from you pricks..."

"Oh shut up. Darryl seems perfectly fine. He loves it here, and I don't think he would like to just leave his friends behind. Maybe you should just go and leave." Zye grunted, holding her wrist tighter. Suddenly, she let out a scream, startling him to letting her go.