14 - She

Clay's POV

Clay's POV

"Can we talk..?"

Vincent's words made Clay's heart flutter, but his stomach churned with worry. Clay hesitated softly but slowly walked towards the tall boy. Vincent lead him to the patio, where they sat on the rusty bench against the wall.

Silence sat around them for minutes. Clay turned his head down at his hands, which were dirty from ending up playing with the boys as they walked home. He felt his scrapes from the falling burn, but pushed the pain away, reminding himself to focus on his friend.

Suddenly, Clay said "J-just know I'm here for you. ..I-I can wait or not..." he lifted his head and glanced at the boy with glasses. Clay nervously sighed, continuing "Just know that I'm here to wait if I must. S-Sorry if I made you worry since I kept avoiding you." Clay felt his left arm clench his muscles into a fist.

Vincent let out a small breath and lifted his head a little. "...I.." Clay let his arm relax as he waited. "I.. I might just take some time to.. to understand myself."

Clay nodded and leaned into Vincent with a side hug. He laid his face into his shoulder for a few seconds, but let his hand fall back and stood up. "Why don't we go and have fun with the others? Darryl told me we may be doing a game night.." Clay lifted his arm from his side and held it out in front of Vincent.

Vincent looked up a little, and a softened smile formed on his face. "I'm gonna take some time out here." He took the hand carefully, and Clay pulled him up. Clay may have pulled too hard, making Vincent fall forward against his chest. Clay felt his heart beat loudly and he pulled the boy up from him, smiling before walking away into one of the sliding doors. 

"Darrrrryllll.. I'm bored.." Zak groaned loudly as Clay walked into the living room. Darryl was picking up some cards as Zak laid his chin on the coffee table.

"Give me a minute to set it up, you fatty! Have patience!" Darryl said, annoyance spiking in his voice. Clay sat down on the couch, watching as the scene unfold.

"Well..." Zak lifted his head up, a smirk big on his face. He leaned over to the left, grabbing a couch pillow on the ground. "..I think.." he quickly threw up the pillow in his hands. "You're the fatty!" The pillow slammed into Darryl's face, and the surprise made him drop the cards.

As it fell into his lap, he glared at Zak. "You muffin..!" He began to get up, the pillow in hand. Zak scooted backward across the carpet, standing up when he hit the hardwood floor. The smaller boy began to run away, turning the corner and down the hallway. "Get back here!!" Darryl called angrily, running after him. Clay chuckled lightly and laid his head against the couch as he slid down.