1

The wind is cold and the city of Kijimi is dark as I walk through the stone streets, satisfied after getting the documents needed for my planet. My day was filled with dealing with impossible and grimy old men, constantly trying to get a bargain, therefore my trip went longer than expected. Now i'm stuck in this place until sunrise tomorrow morning due to travel restrictions, sadly with no where to stay.

I tiredly make my way into what looks like a pub, thankful to be able to get a drink. People are everywhere, I received some dirty looks as I shoved my way through the crowd, finding an open seat at the bar. A large bulky creature of some sort took my order and quickly shoved me the strong drink as I take in my surroundings. The dark red walls compliment the black tables are lined up around the walls, leaving there to be enough room for those who have had enough drinks to dance around, which many seem to be doing. 

As I'm zoning out on the crowd I sense someone behind me, leaning into my ear. "I have never seen you around, to what does Kijimi owe to have the presence of a beautiful woman like you around here". His breath reaks of vodka and his hand is sliding too far down my back for my comfort. I move away from his touch and i'm able to take in his appearance, he's obviously at least 15 years older than me and holds a confident stance, positive that his antics will work. "You're right I am new around here, however, I am not looking for any friends, so I'll just be leaving now." I try and walk away but he violently grabs my hand, pulling me somehow closer than before.

"Well why don't you have a smart mouth, I can't wait to see what else it can do." He soon regrets his sleazy comment as I take his arm behind me and twist it over my head, sending him to a floor with a loud thud. Silencing almost the entire bar and bringing the attention to me. He jumps to his feet, sending a punch my way that is easily blocked, I grab his hand and kicked him in the stomach. He's able to sweep me to the floor as he is falling too and I feel large hands on my arm, pulling me to what seems to be the back exit. I get hastily thrown outside by the owner with a disgruntled "Don't think about coming back". I flip him off as I get up and dust off the dirt on my long coat.

"Well you don't have the average look of the normal person that gets thrown out by Lue" A voice from behind says out, a figure is sitting down against the brick walls that surround the alley.

"Never judge a book by its cover is the saying right?" him laughing is not something that I expected with my sassy remark.

He gets up from his seat and i'm able to look at him, he's only a few inches taller than me and has curly brown hair. He puts his hand out introducing himself "Hello, I'm Poe". I shake his hand "Hello, I'm in a hurry." I walk away from behind the building to nowhere in particular. "You're obviously not from here, you obviously can't leave because of regulations, so you're obviously not rushing to anywhere, right?"

"What's it to you?" I ask, intrigued

"Oh nothing, just thought I may have a friend out here tonight, it's quite slow today."

"Slow for what?" He laughs at my question, why does this dude keep laughing at me?

"Oh you are definitely not from here, princess i'm a spice runner." This time i'm the one laughing, obviously surprising him.

"You are the most not intimidating spice runner i've ever seen, how do you even stay in business?"

He smiles at me "You shouldn't be talking! You're the obviously young girl who must be on such a secret mission that you can't even tell me your name." I continue walking with him following behind me, ignoring him and not knowing at all where I'm going. I don't know why I trust this stranger but for some reason I feel more comfortable talking to him than I have any other person on this dreaded mission. 

"I was sent by my kingdom in the Inner Rim to get information about the build up of the First Order, If we have the information we can give it to the Resistance because the jerks out here wouldn't budge with General Leia." The information I gave obviously was shocking to the man next to me but instead of trying to get that information from me he instead just looked at me. "You must be a pretty big deal then, princess." 

I'm worried that he may actually know that I'm the princess because of his nicknames but I also know that he's trying to just be cheeky. "Maybe or maybe not, you'll never know" I send him a wink and we sit down on a bench overlooking the surrounding houses of the area and the bright lights. We continue telling stories, mainly his from his past of learning to fly with his mother and him starting to smuggle spice.

The time goes by fast and soon we are watching the sun come up, bags under our eyes from the lack of sleep we shared. "Well princess, It's time for you to go home and save the galaxy."

"You know, you could be doing that too, the Resistance needs more members and if you're as good of a pilot as you say you are then you'll fit in just right."

"I wish I could, but I'm tied into smuggling, I could get killed if I abandoned Kijimi." 

I can see the pain in his eyes, and I knew that I was gonna do what I could for him. "Follow me." I simply say as we walk to the giant hangar that holds my ship and and bunch of other's. He hesitantly followed me up to the front desk where I showed my identification that matched my ship. 

"My friend here is picking up his ship as well, aren't you Poe?" He gives me wide eyes as if I am going to kill us, which I might be.

"I'm sorry ma'am but there are no ships under the name Poe, I can easily call security right now if we are going to have any problems." This scares Poe but I stay calm as I take energy from around me and wave my hand in front of his face "You will let my friend go through with no problems and give him the keys to your fastest ship."

"Excuse m-" I walk closer to him, and tell him once again more sternly what he will do. It obviously works this time as he zones out and straightens his stance and says "I will let your friend your friend go with no problems and give him our fastest ship." He hands us the keys, I quickly grab them and run, not letting Poe process what he just saw me do with the force. I give Poe to keys as we look up to the ship that I stole for him which is near my own. 

"I don't know what to say, how do I repay you for this." He seems overwhelmed but calms as I put my hand against his cheek "Save the galaxy for me." He smiles and watches me load onto my sleek sliver ship. I turn around before closing my door and give a simple "Until next time Poe Dameron."

"I'll see you in the clouds, princess."