7

My first official day at the Resistance went by very quickly, I was mainly being taught on how to use our type of software, but I caught on quick. Luckily there was no problem with the First Order and it was calm, I also was able to avoid Poe with ease, but with us going to dinner I had a feeling I would have more trouble. I sat at the same table I did yesterday but today Rose wasn't with us, so far it was only Jess, Tallie, and Paige with me. I took a look at Leia and she was talking to a person who I think is Admiral Holdo, but there was also a gold droid who looked as if he was being very annoying next to them plugging himself in their conversation. I nudged Tallie next to me, "Hey, who is that droid next to General?" She looked at me as if I was an idiot. "Elise, that's THE C3PO." Wow I was stupid. "Wait the C3PO that was basically was the reason the Rebels won the Battle of Endor?" "Yep." She says, popping the p, and I can't help but feel starstruck and I realized I am literally in a room full of men and women that my mom would tell me stories of. 

I am taken out of my memories of my mother when I feel something hit my leg, when I look down I see its the same little ball from yesterday. "Beebee!" I hear Jess yell and the small droid looked at her beeping at her asking her who I am, he thinks I don't understand him. "I'm Elise." It turned back to me, somehow looking surprised even though it can't make facial expressions. Realizing that this is Poe's droid I look around at my surroundings to see if his owner is anywhere close and there he is. This is the first time I was able to actually look at him, he looked the same, his hair was slightly longer though and had some stubble on his jaw. As much as I didn't want to admit it, he somehow was even more handsome. "He's a looker isn't he?" Jess said with a smirk, scaring me. "Holy shit, you scared me, also I wasn't staring at him." "I never said you were, quite defensive aren't ya." I roll my eyes at her and she laughs at me, enjoying making fun of me. "Do you want me to introduce you?" "Oh no, please don't i'm okay with being invisible, please don't." I beg Jess and of course she doesn't listen, my cover is blown. This is it. It is official I lasted not even 2 days here. She pulls me towards him, "Dameron!" She yells "I want you to meet my new friend." He finishes his conversation with the other man and smiles as he turns towards Jess and I keep my head down. 

"This is Elise, Leia brought her back from Tatooine two days ago and now she works for communications. Oh girl put your head up." She tells me pushing my chin up with her hand and I am met with the eyes of Poe. They look the same as they did that night, deep brown and easy to get lost in. He looked at me and put his hand out. "Hello I'm Poe Dameron, nice to meet you." I shook his hand and put on a fake smile. I should be thankful he didn't recognize me but I can't deny the bad feeling I have in my heart. "How did you get out of the academy so fast?" He truly didn't remember me. "Oh, um I was never enrolled, Leia took me straight from Tatooine, no previous Resistance history." He looked shocked, but impressed. "Well it was nice to meet you Elise, I've gotta go back to my wing, bye Jess." Jess waved goodbye and when she looked back at me I don't think she was expecting to see a tear going down my check. "I told you I didn't want to talk to him." I feel so upset and I don't even know why. "What's wrong that went well! Why are you crying, c'mon lets go into your room." 

When we got to my room Jess is totally confused and I just want to tell her everything, I can't vent to the freaking General. And so I decided I can trust her. "Jess, I can trust you right? What I say won't be told to anyone right?" She nodded, obviously worried for me. "Of course, you can trust me with anything." I took a deep breath as I sat in my bed across from her. "So, Leia knew my mother because they were both Senators together before I was born. It's true that Leia found me at Tatooine, but I had only been there for a year. The First Order took over my kingdom and my mom was able to ship me off the planet telling me I was their only hope on spreading awareness. But before all of this my mother sent me on a mission about 4 years ago to Kijimi. I got everything I needed to because I'm a master negotiator and a pretty damn good fighter but everything took longer than I expected it to. Soon I was locked in the stupid city overnight because I couldn't leave until sunrise. Long story short, I met a young Poe Dameron that day and we spent the night talking and telling each other our life stories. He was the first person that I ever felt like I could talk to and I felt as If I was his too. Although we only spent 7 hours together in total, it went by in a blur and soon I had to leave, but I didn't want to leave without him." I continued to tell her the story of me using the force to save him, and the only reason he is where he is now is because of me. I tell her about my force powers and everything I knew about my grandfather. At the end of the story I am out of breath and crying and Jess is speechless. I show her my tattoo and how it represents royalty. "The bounty on my head is insanely high, the First Order will stop at nothing to find me, however the good thing is that they don't know what I look like." Jess looks at me with wide eyes and I can tell she is about to say something. "Well no wonder you were upset that he didn't recognize you, that bitch!" I burst into laughter and suddenly Jess and I are laughing like crazy people in the middle of my room. 

She pulls me into a bone crushing hug and tells me how I'm the strongest person she knows. "So you're telling me one of my new best friends is a Jedi?! That's fucking crazy!" I laugh at her crude  language and I know something will wow her. "Do you want to see something?" I ask and she violently nods and watching me as I pull out my saber from the back of my jacket. I ignite it and our faces reflect blue as the familiar hum of the saber fills the room. "Can I touch it?" 

"You idiot you'll burn off your finger." I hit her hand away and a look of amazement is clear on her features. "I'm really happy you told me everything, if you need to vent just tell me, also men are trash thats why I'm gay." No matter the mood she seems to always make me laugh. I bring her into a hug, "Okay lets go back into the center, people are gonna be worried." When we walk back out we notice that most people have gone to bed, but a small circle of our friends and some other pilots are still out, including Poe. Tallie sees us and calls us over, Jess looks at me to see if its okay and I nod. 

After talking for a little, I decide to go to bed but Connix and the other girls decide to stay up. Just as I get in my room and start the process of changing there is a knocking at the door, when I open the door I expect to see one of the other girls, "Miss me al-" I stop my sentence when I realize that it's Poe on the other side of the door. "Can I come in?" I don't saying anything, just leave the door open as I walk back to my bed. He follows me, closing the door after him. He stands there for a second, just looking at me, obviously wondering what to say. "You can't tell anyone I was a spice runner." Is all he says bluntly, leaving me with my jaw dropped. "Wow what a kind reunion, it is  truly what I dreamed of." He smirked at me, "You dreamed of this?" I stared at him dumbfounded at how much of an asshole he is. So I just threw a pillow at him and he laughed at me. "If it makes you feel better I did to."

"Oh yeah right, you didn't even fucking recognize me 2 hours ago." 

"Wow, princess watch your language." he said, he obviously thinks this is some kind of joke. "Don't call me that." I said bluntly, looking at him with a death glare. "You didn't mind it 4 years ago." "Well I also didn't know you were an asshole all those years ago." He doesn't respond so I do my best to end this dreadful conversation. "Okay, I won't tell anyone about your stupid spice smuggling, but you can not tell anyone that you knew me at one point or what you saw or what I told you. To you I am just some useless computer worker from Tatooine, and if you tell a single soul I won't hesitate to ignite my saber through your big ego." He smiled at me, "Deal" he puts his hand out for me to shake and I hit it away.

Just when I thought he was finally leaving he had to open his mouth once again, "By the way, I did recognize you when I first saw you, even when you were in Leia's office. You haven't changed much since I first met you, your eyes are still just as memorizing." Before I could respond he closes the door behind him, leaving me to ignore the fact that I thought the same exact thing about him when I first saw him.