9

When my alarm went off the next morning I definitely felt the repercussions of last night. "You weren't here when I went to sleep last night, where did you go?" Connix asked me, "Oh I just went on a run, the nature around here is so beautiful." she went along with my story and continued to brush her teeth. I got ready and we headed out to the breakfast area where Poe and our other friends were seated. Poe's head was on the table, and the other people were making fun of him for being so tired. When we sat down we were greeted with smiles from everyone else. "What did Poe do this time?" Connix asked noticing their laughter too. 

"This fool only got 2 hours of sleep last night because he was working on his ship and he feels like shit, he's not gonna last through today." Snap explained slapping Poe on the back, which caused him sit up while rubbing his eyes. He gave Snap a dirty look and placed his head on his hand, his arm holding him up. "Snap I wouldn't piss him off this early, he's gonna be so grumpy today." Jess said causing Poe to roll his eyes at her. They start having separate conversation and Jess turned to me, not expecting me to look just as tired as Poe. "Oh girl what happened to you, you look like you got ran over by a bus." she says shocked,"Aw thank you." I say in response. 

"When did you go to bed?" She seemed worried for me, which made me feel happy that someone really cared for me. "Very late, I went for a run." she seems suspicious and she fits her eyes between Poe and I, piecing things together. "I believe that almost as much I believe Dameron's bullshit story." I put my finger to my lips, shushing her. "I'll tell you later." This causes Jess to freak out, "Did you sleep with Dameron?!" 

"Oh my god! No! Get you head out of the gutter" her eyes are wide, not fully believing me. "Well sorry I assumed you did, because based on the way Poe is staring at you right now you would guess he's madly in love." I turn my head towards him and I see his head quickly turn in the opposite direction, obviously thinking that I didn't see him. "Oh shut up, he's not, I gotta go to my station I'll see ya later." 

Few Hours Later

Today was slow once again, but when I saw an alert that the computer caught a singular Tie-Fighter coming into our atmosphere I start to freak out. "Connix! Our reader says that a ship is approaching from the First Order. It's a VN space superiority fighter." Everyone starts becoming alert and someone sends out a siren to the rest of the base, alerting them that there is an incoming enemy. Noise is everywhere as everyone is running around frantically when suddenly we are stopped by General Leia yelling "Stop!" at a volume that I would've never expected to come out of her. Everyone stops talking around her and the entirety of the Resistance gathers around her. "I know this may seem scary but there is only one of them, there are no other first order ships anywhere near this area. This is a ship from someone in the higher-ups, we will not shoot until we absolutely need to. We need to see what they need to say to us, I want all leadership, techs, and mechanics to go to the shelter we have, I only wants pilots and fighters up in the front by whoever this may be. Okay, everyone take positions." Just as she finishes her sentence when people run to their positions Leia calls me over. "I am not going to be telling anyone else this so I expect you to keep this a secret. You may feel this in the force but the man that is coming down is my son, he is very powerful and while I need you to hide I want you to hide up front by where the fighters and Admiral Ackbar will be, I will be with the others, go now." she runs away before I could say anything and I take my position behind a stack of boxes where I could clearly see where he would be walking up. 

A large Tie-Fighter lands in the middle of our hangar and out walks a masked man, he's tall and broad, he wears all black and has his lightsaber hanging from his belt. He stops close enough for us to hear him but far enough for us to know he's not planning to kill us all, yet. Poe is in the front with Ackbar and he has his gun up. "There is no need for the weapons is there?" The man asks Poe. "What is your business here." Poe asks sternly, not putting down his weapon. "Well as you know my dear friends and I have been looking for the map to Skywalker, as have you, but I heard from a little birdy that you found out where that might be." He walks closer to the group of people. "And what I'm mainly curious about is how you were able to find it because we have the same technology as you guys but even more advanced, so there had to be inside work." 

"I know my dear mother could not have done this alone and so I'm thinking that it may be the all star pilot that I have right in front of me, right?" Poe puts his hand out, telling the others to drop their weapons and he does the same as Kylo Ren starts walking right in front of him. I recognize him from the day our kingdom was captured. I fear that he is going to hurt Poe and before I think about what I'm doing I come out of my hiding spot and reach out with the force and his saber comes flying off his belt into my hand. Kylo spins towards me, obviously surprised to see another force user besides his mother here. "Well if it isn't the lost princess we've been looking so long for. Elise Kenobi, you've changed a lot since I last saw you." he shocks me with my last name, my mother always hinted that he was my grandfather, but I used my mothers last name. 

"You've changed too Ben, but something a lot worse happened to you." he angrily walked towards me, "It was you, you know where the map is." he said pointing his finger in my face. "Yep, too bad you won't be able to get it out of me." He threw his hand up, obviously trying to dig threw my brain, but I was able to put up a wall in my brain, thanks to the force. He gives up, out of breath from trying so hard. "Where are the others" I say sternly. "You'll be glad to know that they do not know my business here, and your base will be kept a secret." he pauses. "If you tell me where the map is." I debate in my head the options I have in my head and I am probably making a bad choice when I hand him his light saber back. "The first person to drop for longer than 5 seconds win. If you win I tell you where the map is, If I win you leave here without telling anyone our location." He grabs his saber back, agreeing to my terms "You're making a bad decision Kenobi, you haven't been properly trained." I take my saber out, igniting it and getting into stance, "Says who?" 

He runs towards me, clashing his saber against mine. Blow after blow landed as lightsaber struck against lightsaber. I forget we have half of the resistance watching us at this point, and kylo uses my distraction as a chance to get a hit right on my arm, creating a long wound on my bicep. This causes me to scream out in pain, but I didn't let it stop me. I launch at him with full force, pushing him back with my powerful hits, he trips onto the ground, his saber flying away from him as he hit the ground with a thud. I'm able to pick up his saber before him as he gets up, and just when I thought I was gonna win he puts out both of his arms, freezing me with the force and lifting Poe into a force choke. "Let him go Ren! This is between us." he turns to me. "Tell me where the map is and I'll spare this measly man's life." I hear Poe yell a struggling "Don't" even though it getting hard to breath. "This causes Ren to use more power against Poe and his painful yells are what tip me over. "Fine! Fine! Just let him go." Ren lets us go, Poe dropping to the floor going into a fit of coughs and me falling to the floor, losing a lot of blood in my arm. "It's with Lor Tekka, I don't know where he lives but last I saw he was on Tatooine, he was the one who helped me train when I left for there." Ren laughs as he picks up his saber once again, "You truly are a fool of a Jedi, you should know better than to let love get In the way." Is all he said before leaving in his ship. 

Once he is gone Jess comes running to me making sure I am alright. "I lied to him Jess." I say weakly smiling, "What, what are you talking about Elise." I laugh more even though I am in incredible pain. "He lives on Jakku, that asshole is so gullible." She laughs with me. "You know you could've gotten yourself killed, but instead you saved the Resistance." The other girls who were watching came running over to me, worried because of my arm that seem to be bleeding everywhere. "We have to get you to the Clinic." Tallie said worriedly. I take in the moment with my friends because it feels as if it my last. "I love you guys" is all I say to them before everything starts turning black and I'm consumed with sleep. 

~Hello readers, if you even exist, I just wrote 8 chapters in 2 days and I feel pretty proud of myself. I hope you are enjoying and if you're not thanks anyway for giving me more reads lmao. I'll see ya tomorrow where I will probably be uploading a bunch of new material. ~