10

Poe's POV

A burning sensation is taking up my throat, I am still on the ground coughing when Kylo Ren leaves after Elise told him what he needed in order to save me. I'm pretty sure she told him incorrect information but that doesn't really matter, once he is gone the people watching all check on me to ask if I'm okay and run to the others to tell them that we're safe. As I stand up I look over to where Elise was standing and now she's on the ground with blood all around her. Jess stands up frantically, "Someone get a doctor she's passed out." she yells and my chest tightens. Everything is hectic around me with everyone confused on what they just witnessed our new tech do, Elise is rushed to the medical wing, leaving her friends standing in shock and crying. 

After about 10 minutes of everyone reuniting and talking about what just happened, everyone is currently waiting in the meeting room for Leia to give a speech about what just happened. She looks frazzled as she walks onto the platform and everyone grows quiet as they watch her. "I know you all probably have a hundred questions each, but all I ask is that you be quiet while I explain what I can to you all. You probably are all a little angry at Elise for lying but I told her to, I was in on everything for her safety. I knew that she would be a useful addition to the Resistance and she has proved to me that she really is." she stops as some older man in the back argues with her statement, "She told the enemy the information we've been working hard to get and let him leave, knowing our location! She's putting everyone at risk." Leia gives him an understanding nod while I send him the dirtiest look I can muster. "I understand your anger, but remember she told him in order to save Poe here. The only reason we were able to know where that map was located was because she told us, and even when she was put in a position where she could be killed, she still lied to him and he fell for it." with her says this the whole base seems to either gasp or cheer.

"We owe a lot to this girl and as what some of you saw, she is not who we've been saying. The only people who knew about her was Poe and I and that was for a reason, and although I wanted her to be the one to tell her story, she is currently recovering. Elise Kenobi is the grand-daughter of Obi-Wan Kenobi and the daughter of one of my close friends from my senate days. Her mother lives in Religne and is the Queen, however, her kingdom was taken over by the first order and her mother made sure that Elise could escape. If she wants to tell you more, she will and I will give her the option to do so. I expect there to be no hard feelings towards the girl and if there is any problems you can take it directly to me or Commander Dameron. With that everyone is dismissed for dinner." Leia gets off the stage and everyone makes their way to the dining hall except Jess, Connix, and me, who walk up to Leia. 

"She is in stable condition, but still isn't awake, the doctors are allowing two people visiting her at once and she should be out in a few days." We all sigh in relief and the two girls rush off to the medical wing to go see her. Leia watches them leave with a smile and turns to me with a smirk on her face. "Relieved to hear about Elise, huh Commander?" she says obviously implying that I have feelings for her. "Well she did save my life General, more than once." and that was true and I will always be grateful for her. "Follow me into my office please." I follow her into her office and her small frame sits in her large chair and I sit down across from her. "She told you about all of this stuff, correct?" she asked, more serious this time. "Um yes, she updated me last night but she never mentioned to me that she was the Princess at her Kingdom." Leia nods, writing something down on a sheet of paper next to her. "You know she did that to protect you right? She has quite a large bounty on her head, you could possibly be killed if you were in the wrong hands and told people." I had never really thought about it that way, but I'm glad I know now. I know why she never liked the nickname Princess now. 

"I know the timing not convenient with Elise in the med center, but I'm sending you to Jakku tomorrow night before the First Order realizes that she lied to them. Originally I was going to send you with Elise, but it's probably for the best that you go alone anyway." I nod agreeing with the mission although it's dangerous. "I will give you a more specific map once we have one tomorrow morning, until then go rest up, you look like you haven't slept." I nod and leave her office, going straight to Elise.

When I got to the center Jess, Tallie, and Connix were outside her room all talking to each other and looked at me. "Are you not allowed in yet?" I ask causing Jess to give me an evil smile because she knows I care. "In about 10 minutes they're gonna let two of us in and then we can switch after a while." I nod and take a seat in front of them in the waiting chairs outside her room. "Wait I'm so confused, you knew everything, I though you guys hated each other." Tallie asks, making Jess laugh. "I take it she told you everything?" I ask to Jess based on her attitude. "Yes sir!" she responds, making me roll my eyes. "Wait so this is a keep everything from Tallie and Connix party now? How nice." Tallie says with her and Connix sitting there, upset. 

I ignore their attitude and answer Tallie's earlier question, "Back when I was working on Kijimi a small 17 year old Elise was sent on a mission there, she met me and we became friends and she got me out of there in the morning by doing some force tricks. Everything I have achieved is because of what she did 4 years ago."  Tallie and Connix look surprised but all they respond with is a unison "awwww". I roll my eyes and thankfully the doctor walks out, taking me out of this conversation. 

"All of her vitals are working just fine, she won't be up for a while, so I'll let you all in just so you can see her, but you can't be in here for long." The girls push past the doctor in a hurry to see their friend as I calmly walk in behind them, giving the doctor a look because of the girls rush. The room is white and small, she lays on a small cot with a bunch of tubes attached to her. She looks so peaceful, just like last night when she was falling asleep as we were talking, she wouldn't admit it then but it was obvious that she didn't want the night to end. But then again neither did I. After a few minutes of talking to the doctor, he leaves us to have privacy with her. "Hey Tallie and Connix, I'm sorry but can you give Jess and I a minute with her?" They agree but I could hear them complaining about being left out as they were leaving. 

I take a seat next to Elise on her and tuck a piece of hair behind her ear, "I have to leave tomorrow, for a mission to get the map." I say to Jess without taking my eyes off of Elise. "She's going to be pissed that she can't go, I leave sometime later tomorrow. As much as I want her to wake up, I really don't want to face her before he mission." Because you won't want to leave is what I say to myself, but I wouldn't  dare say that to Jess, I would never live that down. "If she's up you have to tell her where you're going, it's not fair to her, especially since it's a dangerous mission, you need to give her a real goodbye." Why does Jess seem to always be right. "Did she tell you that she was the Princess?" Jess shakes her head, "I don't think she told me nearly as much as she told you." 

"She didn't tell me either, but Leia explained to my why she wouldn't, it makes sense. It's funny cause ever since we first met I've called her princess because it pissed her off, who knew I was actually right this whole time." Jess laughs and nods, "I may not have known her long, but that definitely sounds like her. And by the way." she pauses while she gets up and looks at me, "I've never seen you care so much for someone, besides BB-8, for as long as I've known you. Don't fuck this up Dameron." 

"I'll try Jess." I watch her walk out leaving me alone with Elise. I pick up her hand and kiss the back of it. "I'll see ya tomorrow princess."