32

7 months later 

Elise POV

It felt like I was going to pop, I was due in two weeks and holy shit I just want this child out of me.

Jess, Finn, Rey and Connix are all coming to Yavin today as a baby shower type of celebration, but mainly it has been forever since we have seen them. My mother is also coming back tomorrow and is staying until they baby is born, she went back probably 6 months ago to do her job on Religne. 

"How are ya feeling Princess?" Poe says, smiling at me as he sat down on our couch, next to me. 

"Big." I state simply and Poe laughs bending over to kiss my stomach, "Well I think you look as beautiful as ever." Poe has been so sweet throughout this process, mainly because I think he knew that my pregnancy wrath could be put against him if he made a wrong move. 

"I am so excited for today, I think Jess is going to squeeze me so hard the baby is going to shoot out." I had called Jess pretty often, but it definitely wasn't the same as seeing her face. 

"Well I was just going to leave to go meet them at the hangar, would you like to join me my lady." Poe says when he stands back up and offers me his hand with a bow, "I most certainly would." I respond in the same Posh tone he had and we laughed hand in hand as we left our home. 

Our house was simple just like the rest of the homes in the area, but it was perfect. It had 3 rooms and a homey living room, I put pictures of both of our families all along the walls and it truly felt like it was our home. 

----

Poe nudged me with his arm as I was aimlessly talking about some random thing, pointing to the Resistance transport that just landed. Almost as soon as the doors opened, Jess and Finn came running out and ran up to where we were standing, Finn basically tackling Poe. 

"Oh my god you're so big, that's crazy you're having an actual human!" Jess says at a volume just shy of yelling and takes me into a light hug. 

"I know right, it is crazy, also I am surprised you didn't send me into premature labor." I say into her shoulder as we hugged, causing her to laugh as she pulled away. 

"Finn warned me not to, I hesitantly agreed." She says, and she moves over so I can hug the others. 

"Hello General Finn." I say and he smiles as he brings me into his arms, "Have you been taking care of the Resistance for us?" I say and he smiles at Rey, "Of course, thank you for watching Poe for us, you know how crazy he can get." Finn says, Poe pushing him to the side. 

As we walk to our house I catch up with Connix and Rey, "Have many people stayed on Ajan Kloss even though the war is over?" I ask and they shrug. 

"For the most part, yes. Unless they have families on other planets people have started houses around the base."

"I wish Poe and I were able to be over there, but Yavin is so amazing for us. I just wish we told everyone about my pregnancy before people went their separate ways." I said, causing Rey and Connix to laugh.

"You think loose lips Jess over there wouldn't spill news about her best friend." Connix says, motioning to Jess in front of us. "Don't worry, she didn't tell anyone until like 2 months ago." Rey clarifies and I feel better.

Connix gets drawn into the conversation in front of us, leaving Rey and I alone, "How has everything been since Ben died?" I whisper to her, she told me everything about her fight with Palpatine, but no one else. No one would really understand Ben changing sides like we would.