20

Elise's pov

Poe's heavy arm is wrapped around me as I wake up, our legs intertwined and my head on his bare chest. Last night he told me everything that happened after I left, all of the battles and all of the deaths that happened. He told me about his distrust in Holdo and I told him about my father and my help in the kingdom.

Poe must've noticed that I was awake because he groaned and held onto me tighter. "No I don't want it to be morning, sleep again." Poe said into my shoulder. "Breakfast is in 30 minutes, we can't be late or people will think we were late for another reason." I say as I break away from his warm grasp, him sprawling out on my bed. 

"I could arrange that." Poe says, sitting up with a sly smirk on his face. I throw a pillow at him from across the room and he screams while laughing. I can't remember the last time I had been this happy. "As much as you would enjoy to watch, you have to go change in your room." I watch him pout as he walks up to me and puts light kisses all over my face. He continues to put his clothes on from last night and leaves to go to his room with Snap. 

"Goodbye beautiful." He says before he runs out of my room, making sure no one can see him. As I am getting ready I hear a knock on my door, I put on my dress and tell them they can come in. I see my mom peek in the room and walk in, sitting down on my bed. I sit down next to her, both of us not saying anything. 

"You know when I first met your father I despised him, he was some know it all politician who worked with Leia. We were both stubborn and sassy, but we were so alike, we both loved each other so much. I can tell that boy loves you a lot, even through just the 10 minutes we were in the room together. And I felt like I was hurt that you didn't mention him to me because I didn't want you to hide your relationship from me. Because that's what I did to my parents and I know how horrible it was." She says with a sigh, looking at her hands. I place mine on hers, trying to comfort her.

"I did want to tell you, so badly, but as you could tell by our angry exit, we didn't have the nicest of goodbyes. I didn't want to dwell on my hurt." She nods and looks at me, "Can you please tell me now?" For us only truly being by one another's side for a week, we had a long story. I told her a simple version of us becoming an item, "But when it came to me telling him I was leaving, he took it hard. Everyone he's ever loved left him, and he saw me continuing that trend. So he became defensive and said some hurtful things to me. Eventually he said that if I left I would leave with everything we had. So I left." I finish and my mom brings me into a hug immediately.

"I am so sorry you weren't able to talk about it at home sweetie, did you guys talk about last night?" I smile at the thought of last night, and having my Poe back. 

"Yeah, beside when I left we were always really good at talking to each other. It's what drew us to each other back when I was 17 and he was 22." She smiles with me and hugs me again.

"I am so glad, you look happier than I've ever seen you. Also I could tell because your bed smells like man, how inappropriate of a princess." she jokingly turns red and I turn bright red, putting my head in my hands, scared of what lecture she'll give me next. 

"Did I ever give you the talk, because if you need me to I'll be more than happy to." I immediately get up and walk towards the door, motioning her out. "Mother I am 21, I don't need the talk. Hurry up we have to go to breakfast." She laughs as she walks out the door, and I follow her to breakfast.

----

When I get to our dining hall I see Jess, Connix, and Snap all sitting by each other, but no sign of Poe. I take a seat next to Jess, who seems to be fired up, "Hey guys, Jess you look upset what's up." I say and she turns to me with wide eyes, "Snap was telling me that you forgave Poe. Elise do you realize how much of an asshole he is?" I knew she would be protective of me, and although I felt comforted, she didn't understand us.

"I didn't just instantly forgive him Jess, we talked all night last night about everything. I appreciate your concern, but I am a big girl, Jess." I say, and I hope that I don't make her upset, because I missed her too much for her to be mad at me. "Yeah I know, I just hated seeing you so sad." I give her a side hug and a comforting rub on her back. 

"Speaking of, where is Poe?" Connix asks, and I shrug to her, looking at Snap. "I think he's talking to Leia or something, he came down here before me." Snap says with a mouthful of food, also shrugging. "So Jess how much terror did you rain onto Poe?" I ask, knowing that she was provably very verbally violent to Poe while I was gone. 

"Not as much as I could've, I decided to be nice after Dreadnought because I knew he faced a lot of guilt." I nod, guilt filling me too since I wasn't able to be there for him. 

I see Poe from the other side of the room, waving me over to where he was. I get up and make my way over, and once I get there I see that he was with Rey, Finn, and Leia in one of our communication rooms. "Good Morning, General and others" I say to the group who were all smiling back at me. 

"Hello Kenobi, I thought I should let you know that a base on Ajan Kloss was discovered, it will be a good place for us to rebuild and get out of your hair." Leia says as she points out a small planet in the Outer Rim. "How soon will you be on your way?" I ask her, and she looks over at Poe. "We'll leave in about 2 days time, everyone is still exhausted from Crait." 

I nod and stay quiet, I knew I wanted to be with them, with Poe and the others. I knew the longer I stayed here, the more the guilt grew, but I was scared to leave my mother again. But, I know my mother wouldn't let me stop because of her. "Do you have room for one more Jedi?" I ask, sending a big smile to Leia's face and a shocked look to Poe's. 

"The more the merrier, Kenobi." 

I smile back and turn to Rey, who seems excited just to be here. "Hey Rey, do you want to go to my training garden with me." I ask, wanting to know about her trips with Luke. 

"Of course." She gets up and we wave goodbye to the others as I lead Rey through the halls of my beautiful home. "So was Luke as difficult as I thought he would be?" I ask and she violently nods, "Oh my god it was so bad, it look him a lifetime just to agree to give me one lesson." I laugh, knowing from stories just how stubborn he can be. 

"Poe told me you also went to Snoke's ship. Were you the one that killed him?" I felt it in the force, Snoke's death, but it didn't feel like it was from Rey. She looks at the plants in front of her, zoning out. "It was Ben wasn't it?" I ask quietly, I could tell that there was something different between the two of them just by the way she looked when I said Ben.

"There's still good in him Elise." She says quietly as she looks at me, "He saved me from Snoke, and he showed me his past, but he still only wants power." 

"He needs someone to help him to the light, Rey. Don't give up on him too soon." I say, knowing the impact that Snoke's mind had on him, even as a little boy.

"We need each other." Rey says so quietly that I barely could hear her meaningful words.