3

1 year later

When my mother said she would send me somewhere safe, alone, I did not picture being in the middle of the dry climate of Tatooine. I got here exactly 1 year ago today, however when I got here I was expecting to be here for only a couple weeks. I was very much wrong. I have gotten used to the area though, apparently my grandfather lived here for a period of time or that's what my mom used to tell me but back then she always seemed to exclude his name. 

I don't have any friends here, but I wasn't here to make friends so I don't really mind, there is a cantina nearby which I stay away from based on my last experiences at bars in Kijimi. A note was in the flash drive that my mother gave me for the location of where I would stay, the home was dome like and it seemed as if a farmer lived here before me but the house when I got here was desolate and dusty. My mother said that it was home to a family friend who has since died or vanished or something, however whenever I am here I get these weird feelings as if I don't belong, I should probably listen to the force inside of me but I have no where else to stay so I just ignore it. 

Today is just another normal day for me here, I start with going to a nearby village to get food and avoid fights that seem to happen here on the regular. As I am walking down the streets of the market, looking at the goods, I felt an unusual presence in the force and I think this women did too. She was short and had a beige robe on, the hood covering most of her face but when she turned to me I was able to make eye contact with her. She finished the transaction she was making, hiding her materials in a bag on her back, and as she was walking towards me I felt nervous as if I had to throw up. 

I am frozen there as she walks up, hood still covering most of her features, she stands right in front of me and looks at me for a little bit. "Follow me." she says as she turns around expecting me to follow right behind her, which I do. We walk for a few minutes, me behind her not saying a word to each other. I feel nervous as to what's to come, and make sure my saber is on my belt hiding behind my jacket like normal, and thank god it is but somehow this scary women must have eyes behind her head. "There is no need for your saber right now, I am not going to hurt you." Ashamed, I take my hand out of my jacket and while I should be scared, she reminds me a lot of my mother and its comforting. We're approaching an orange and white transport when she suddenly stops, turns to me and watches our surrounding. Once she sees that we're clear for who know what, she takes off her hood. She has grey hair that is placed in braids on top of her head and warm brown eyes, she looks way too familiar. "Do you know who I am darling?" I try to put a name to her face but I struggle "No, should I?"

"Wow, how rude of your mother, but that sounds like Kayleigh, always has been protective of you." How the hell does this strange women know my mother, I haven't even told anyone here my name. "Well you see your mother and I were close friends, and my brother knew your grandfather quite well." My eyes widened as this women read my mind, and she laughed, obviously not offended. 

I take a closer look at the ship behind her trying to piece things together, when I notice a small Resistance logo on the back of the transport and that when it all clicked. "You're princess Leia, oh my god I am so sorry, I have heard so many amazing stories of you and Luke. My mother never really showed me pic-" Leia stops my rambling my putting her hand up and I look at the ground muttering a 'sorry'. "You don't have to explain yourself sweetie, I honestly did not mean to run into you today but it does make sense why your mom would send you here." I'm confused to why Leia is telling me all of this information. "I do not mean to sound rude by asking this but I'm just a little confused, if you didn't run into me on purpose why are we here now by your ship?" 

"Well I wanted to be able to talk in some type of privacy, but also I want to offer you to come back with me to the Resistance." This makes my jaw drop and thoughts take over my mind, but my main one is what if my mom can't find me if she comes looking for me and what would I do there, I can't fly for shit and I don't want to expose me being a Jedi. "What would I do there though, If people find out I am the "missing princess" that the First Order seems to be looking for I will put myself and you guys in danger."

 She takes a deep breath and put her hand on my shoulder. "I know how scary this might be, but do you want to be sitting on a practically empty planet when you could be saving other planets, like yours?" shit, she's right. "I will do everything I can to make sure no one in the resistance knows where you come from, you don't have to fight for us, you can work behind the computers, I know thats a strength of yours. But if you truly are a princess you should know what's best for your planet, and I personally think it's taking down the virus that seems to be taking up the galaxy, the First Order." She gives me a minute to think about what she said and gets on her ship, and I just look at the sandy hills of the planet thats has been my home for only a short amount of time, but still too long. I know that I have to join Leia but I don't know if I have the strength to do it. As I walk up the ramp onto her ship nerves are taking up my body, but when I am met with a smiling general I know that I made the right choice. Leia orders the pilot to take off and sits next to where I am on the transport. She tells me stories of my mother when they were younger and how she fell head over heels for some guy who was also a senator with Leia, she kept his name out of the conversation however. 

Leia went to go talk to the pilot and left me with my thoughts, I wondered about the people back home and if everyone was even still alive and I thought back to my fond memories when my mother would take me to different planets and show me all the different languages and species there were. We were entering the atmosphere of the base and it was truly beautiful. D'Qar was green and filled with trees, a good hiding spot for them really. As we land Leia came back out of the cockpit, opening the door for the ramp to come down, she gave me a smile and a wink before walking off, leaving me to follow her into a new life.