Fin

Poe's POV

1 year later

Jayde Shara Dameron was born on a bright early morning one week after Elise's baby shower and she was perfect, she had tiny feet and fingers but she still managed to have the biggest blue eyes and the longest eyelashes.

She was obsessed with me, and I was obsessed with her. Currently I was cooking in the kitchen and she was sitting in her high chair, staring at me like she always does.

"You know Jayde, you look like you're going to be quite the pilot one day." I tell her and she laughs at me, even though she has no clue what I am saying.

"Poe stop influencing our daughter, she's 1." Elise says as she walks into the kitchen, placing a kiss on my cheek, picking up Jayde and setting her on her lap as she sits at one of the barstool.

"Oh you know that she is going to be just like me, she's infatuated with me." I say smirking at Elise who rolls her eyes at me and ignores me.

"My babygirl is not going to be a Spice runner is she?" Elise says in a baby voice to Jayde, who laughs at her and grabs her hair, one of her favorite things to do.

"Well aren't you funny." I say to Elise who shrugs with a smile, "Oh I know."

"Anyways, my dad says we can drop her off whenever today, he has all of her stuff ready." I say to Elise, who nods. My dad always offers to take Jayde so that we could have time to ourselves and this is the first time we're really taking it.

"Are you sure she'll be okay with just him?" Elise worries like she always does, "Yes she'll be perfect, I turned out great didn't I?" I say and she gives me a side eye, I already knew the sarcastic remark that she would probably make.

"Elise, she will be fine, we haven't had an empty house in so long." I pled and she nods.

----

We just dropped off Jayde at my dads and Elise was surprisingly calm, we made our way back to our house and when we walk in Elise is surprised to see that I made us a special setting for dinner.

"What's all of this?" She asks, as I pull out her chair for her to sit in.

"You know me, the hopeless romantic, I wanted to surprise you with something special for us." I say laughing, sitting across from her. The table had flowers that I got from Leanne's in town and candles because my dad said they would be nice.

"The food is great, all these decorations are amazing, what's under your sleeve here?" Elise says with the smile that I fell in love with on her face.

"Well I was going to wait, but I am impatient. Elise we have had a crazy year, hell we have had a crazy 3 years together. I feel like we are the unstoppable duo, we will always be by each other's side, through thick and thin. To be fair this won't change anything, we are already a family who loves each other deeply and live together, but." I pause taking out the box that I have been waiting to give her, taking her hand into mine.

"This was my mother's wedding ring, she told me to give it to the woman who I love and want to be with for the rest of my life. I know I may be a little late, but will you please be my wife?" I ask and her hands are covering her mouth, eyes watery and she doesn't say anything, just gets up from her spot and hugs me.

"Yes of course, oh my gosh of course." She says into my arms, the biggest smile on her face as she pulls back and she wipes away tears of happiness.

"I am pretty sure I have been calling you my wife for a year now but at least we're all clear now." I joke and she laughs, nodding.

"You sweet idiot, you made me cry." She says to me, wiping her eyes again.

"And I always will be that sweet idiot, just for you."

~~~~~

AN: Wow it's done! My first book is now complete and I am excited, I never thought my book would be nearing 3k reads but It is and that's Insane! thank you so much for the votes and the reads throughout the journey, I enjoyed it a lot.

Update: LOL WOAH thank you for almost 30K reads, I'm working on some more stories within Marvel and Star Wars so follow me if you would like to read more. (I'd like to think I am a better writer now than I was when I first wrote this book)