Chapter 25

It didn't take long for the others to come back from Fairy Cottage. At first, Myra was happy to see them approaching the house. They all still were in one piece and barely looked like they had fought anyone at all, especially not someone who had such a powerful, magical weapons as Audrey. But realization quickly dawned on her that they hadn't found Audrey at Fairy Cottage. Instead, they had found Chad. The son of Cinderella and Prince Charming. Apparently he was Audrey's ex who had been pining after her for months. According to Audrey's diary. And after hearing the stories from Evie and the others, those words had been confirmed. Chad had been so madly in love that he even joined her side now she had turned evil, which turned out to be a terrible mistake from his part. She had used him as a slave, thrown things at him. From the moment they had taken them with them to Evie's home he had been jittery, on edge and honestly very annoying. According to Myra at least. She thought he was overreacting. On the Isle people yelling and throwing things at you was one of your lesser concerns. Still, Myra felt the slightest hint of sympathy for the guy. 
     The entire group had gathered in the living room, trying to figure out their next move. Or most important, where Audrey was hiding. Okay, not the entire group. Dizzy, Celia, Chad and the twins, Squeaky and Squirmy where in another room. Probably sleeping since the sun had started to go down. 

     It didn't take long before they had figured out where Audrey was hiding. The Castle. At least that's what they had gotten out of Chad. Who hadn't been much help apart from that. 
    Jane, Doug and Gil had gone out to look for Fairy Godmother. Hoping she was still out there somewhere and if she was cursed in some way Jane's kiss of true love between mother and daughter should be enough to get her back. 
     Coming up with a plan was different, more difficult. Especially since for almost every plan they could come up with that was guaranteed of having no casualties they needed Myra to use her flute on Audrey. Only Audrey. But since she hadn't really succeeded in using her flute on one person at the time it was still a big risk. 
     Eventually, the group had decided on a plan where Myra's magic could be useful, but not necessary. Still, it was Myra who was stuck practicing again. This time with more than two human spectators. Instead, she was in the living room. Mal and Uma were trying to coach her through it while she tried to focus on only effecting Ben. Who had volunteered this time, together with Carlos and Jay. Of course Evie, Dude and Lunch were also in the room. Evie, Mal and Uma were wearing earplugs every time Myra played, turned out the effects didn't take hold as fast when they wore them. 
     Again, Myra tried to get Ben to stand up from his chair, but of course Jay and Carlos- who were on the other side of the room- were influenced as well. Myra caught Uma's eyes, who shook her head which ment it hadn't worked. With a deep, annoyed growl, Myra stopped playing and Mal and Uma took out their earplugs.
     "Okay, so that didn't work." Mal stated, it didn't matter how hard she tried, the future Queen of Auradon was not capable of hiding her impatience. 
     "I've noticed." Myra responded, getting more and more irritated as well. 
     "What about this," Uma started. "Instead playing softer, try playing louder."
     Myra threw her head back, "we already tried that." 
     "Than focus more."
     "You think I didn't do that last time?" Myra bit at the purple haired girl. 
     "Focus harder!" Mal snapped.
     "I can already feel physical pressure on my brain! I can't focus harder!" Myra yelled back. 
     "Girls, calm down." Carlos tried to get in between, but he got completely ignored as Mal continued yelling.
     "Of course you can! It's just a flute, how hard can it be?" 
     "How hard-" Myra started, stopping herself from continuing. Disbelieve and anger still in her voice. But most of all she was insulted. The girl pulled the string over her head hand roughly pressed the instrument into Mal's hands. "Okay, than you do it." Her voice had been lowered to an angry growl. Done with all of it- especially Mal- the Pied Piper's daughter stormed to the front door.
     "Where are you going?" Mal asked, disbelieve now also in her voice.
     Myra stopped for a second without turning around. "For a walk."
     "We're leaving in a hour. You can't just leave-" The future Queen of Auradon really didn't want anything to go wrong when they were so close to victory. "You still have to practice." The woman's desperation started to sound through now, but Myra didn't care.
     "Ow, now worries. You can do it." Myra scoffed. "It's not hard, right?" 
     "I'll come with you," Jay spoke up. Quick to join her side. 
     This did get Myra to stop and turn around, looking at the boy with crossed arms. "No, you're not." 
     "Yeah, I'm coming." Jay said casually. "Unless you want to get lost and ruin the plan."
     Myra scoffed, "I'm not getting lost."
     "Of course not," Jay responded. "'Cause I'm coming with you." And with that, the boy held the door open for her. Realizing she didn't have a choice in the matter she made a sound that was somewhere in between an annoyed sigh and a growl before walking through the door. 
     "We'll be back in time." Jay reassured Mal, who shot him a smile and nodded.
     Once they had left, Uma smirked at Mal. "Seems like lover boy is finally gonna try something."
     It took a moment before Mal responded, especially since she was trying to calm down. Ben had gotten up and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind. It was Carlos who said something. 
     "What do you mean?" 
     Uma smirked, looking through the glass window where she could see Myra and Jay walk into the forest. "My Cousin is a little stubborn, but let's just say I encouraged the guy to take some initiative." 
      Mal knew Myra wasn't going to give in to whatever she was feeling for the guy. Especially since she would go back to the Isle after this. Something Uma knew about as well, but it seemed like Ursula's daughter thought very differently about Myra than she did. Still, Mal didn't think he had a big chance. "He's gonna fail." 
     "I don't know," Evie spoke up. "Maybe he can get through to her." 
     "I sure hope so," Carlos said, looking up from Dude who he had been petting. "Would be fun if she stuck around." 
     Those words made both Mal and Uma uncomfortable. They knew Myra already wanted to stay. It wasn't her choice to return to the Isle. It was because of Hades, the man who owned her soul. Mal wished she could be able to get through to her father, to let Myra's soul go. But it would be in vain. Hades never lets his souls go without a fight. It didn't look good for them...