Chapter 39

A/N:
Soooo remember how I said only 1 more chapter to go?
Yeah, it ended up with 8500+ words, which I think is waaaaay too long. So I split it.
No worries, I'll upload both of them today.
Are you ready?

~ Purple Dragon

🐾●°●🐭●°●🐾

A month had gone by since the Barrier had been broken and the people of the Isle had gone free. In the short span of those four weeks, life in Auradon had changed drastically. Mal and Ben had to arrange and oversee everything and found themselves frequently in political debates with Uma and Myra- who represented the children from the Isle. And to make sure everything went as fair as possible, Evie was there as a neutral party while Jane was there to write down everything that officially had been discussed and agreed- or disagreed- on. 
     Even though Uma and Myra could be difficult, they weren't the royal couple's biggest problem. No. That were the Villains themselves. Some, like Dr. Facilier and Mr. Smee, had little problem adjusting their lifestyle. Especially for their children. But for others this had become a bigger challenge. But for them and everyone else who may be interested they had started support groups. Beside from the mandatory Goodness classes every villain had to take. 
     Besides from the people themselves, Ben had made sure the Isle would be better maintained. Groups of people worked hard to make sure the houses would be rebuild so everyone could have a decent place to live. 
     Just as their parents, their children had to take classes on how to be a good person the moment the new school year at Auradon Prep had started. And that was exactly where Myra was right now. Unlike when the VK's took the class when they first arrived at Auradon, the classroom was filled with students. Enough for Myra to think she could go unnoticed while she kept trying to solve a Rubik's Cube. Carlos had lent it to her two weeks ago when he had been helping her with her Practical Science homework and she still had not figured out how to get the colors back where they belonged. 
     "Stop messing with that thing." Uma, who sat beside her cousin in the class, hissed at her under her breath. "You're not gonna figure it out." 
     "I will." Myra scoffed, without looking up from the cube, still turning the sides frantically. "There has to be some kind of logic to this thing." 
     Fairy Godmother ticket with her pointer stick against the whiteboard, attracting the attention of the class. All but Myra, who didn't look away from the cube she held half under her desk. 
     "Myra?" Fairy Godmother's voice sounded through the silent classroom. The girl didn't hear her. "Myra?" The woman singsonged, trying to not sound annoyed. Everyone in the room turned to look at the girl, who still had no idea. Not until Uma elbowed her in the side. The blond wanted to snarl at her Cousin, but only then noticed all her peers' eyes on her. Myra swallowed, her eyes finding Fairy Godmother's at the front of the room, looking at her expectantly. 
     "Yes?" the girl spoke up with a trace of uncertainty. 
     The woman stretched out her hand to the girl. "This is the third time, young lady. Hand me the Cube." Letting out a deep sigh, Myra complied, throwing the cube to her teacher, who cached it almost without looking and continued her class as if nothing happened. 
     Uma snickered, earning a glare from her cousin. "Ha, ha. Very funny." 
     The rest of the class went on without many more interruptions. Unless you count the time the entire classroom- which existed mostly of Uma's pirates crew- started singing What to do with a Drunken Sailor as an interruption. Which, apparently, the Fairy Godmother did. But even she couldn't help the laugh that escaped her mouth when a dance circle appeared at the front of the class, pulling her with them.
     As the rest of the class walked out of the room, Myra went for the front. "Where you going?" Uma questioned, following her. 
     Myra didn't answer, just walked up to her teacher. "Fairy Godmother?" 
     The woman, who had been cleaning the whiteboard, turned around, a smile on her face when she recognized the girls. "Aw, yes, Myra?" 
     "Could I get the Cube back? Carlos and I have this bet and I really need to finish it before tonight's celebration." 
     Fairy Godmother's smile changed as she considered her answer. "I will, but first, what do you say?" 
     Myra did her best not to roll her eyes in annoyance. "I am very sorry for disturbing your class, Fairy Godmother. And from now on I will try not to do it again." 
     The woman's smile returned. "Bippity boppity-correct!" She said as she took the cube from her desk drawer and threw it at Myra. The girl caught it, but when she saw it her eyes grew wider. It was solved. The cube had been solved. 
     "What!" She exclaimed in disbelieve. "How?" The Fairy laughed softly. "Can you teach me how to do that?" 
     "Ah-ha. Now, that is something you should figure out by yourself. Otherwise, what's the fun?" She answered with a wink. Myra wanted to complain, but Uma hooked her arm with hers, dragging her with her. 
     "You heard the woman, now let's go. I can't be late again."