Chapter 32

Myra couldn't believe what just had happened. Her arm was healed by magical leaves by a couple of talking, brightly colored animals. Soon after, Fairy Godmother left to attend to some important business, leaving Myra and Jay alone again. There was a slightly uncomfortable silence between the two, both of them not wanting to start about the almost kiss. Which seems to keep happening between them.
     "And I always thought the Isle was supposed to be the weird place." Myra broke the silence, getting Jay to chuckle.
     "It all depends on your perspective." Myra chuckled as well, she didn't want things to be awkward between them, but it still felt that way.
     "Do you think..." Myra trailed off, she wanted to ask about them. If he thought they could have been happy like Ben and Mal or Evie and Doug or Carlos and Jane. But she stopped herself. There was no reason to start talking about something that could never happen.
     Jay noticed Myra was starting to zone out, so he bumped his shoulder against hers. "Do I think what?"
     Myra turned herself to Jay, he was looking at her questioningly with a soft smile. That perfect smile... "Do you think..." Myra started and again changed her mind. "That I could see Audrey."
     There seemed to be a hint of disappointment in his eyes before he recovered his smile. "Of course." He said, getting up from the bed and waiting for her to do the same.
     The girl was careful when she pushed herself to the side of her bed. She was a little slow while she put her full weight on her feet. Standing felt weird, she was light headed and she could feel herself sway a little. Lunch was still on Jay's shoulder, but the little creature became restless, wanting to go back to Myra's shoulder. Jay did his best not to focus on the animal or his tail that swept against his throat and chin as it tried to keep balance. Instead, he walked to Myra, he also had noticed her instability.
     "Are you okay?" He asked, wanting to reach out to her but knowing she wouldn't accept his help.
     "I'm fine." She answered setting her first few steps. A wave of electricity erupted from her brain, shooting down her body. It didn't necessarily hurt, but Myra froze, her body started to shake and before she knew it her knees gave in.
     Before she could hit the ground, Jay caught her. "You're not fine." Jay's voice was stern, stained with concern as he lifted her up and set her down on the bed. Lunch took the opportunity to jump over to Myra's shoulder, pressing his little head against her cheek before he started to lick her, trying to help in his own way.
     "What happened?"
     "Nothing." Myra responded, shaking her head. She wanted to stand up again, but Jay stopped her.
     "Mee-"
     "I said I'm fine." Jay took a deep breath, trying to stay calm while Myra had snapped at him for being worried. The girl herself realized she shouldn't have reacted like that, they didn't have very long together anymore and she didn't want things to be like this when she left.
     "Sorry." She mumbled, not looking at Jay. "I- I keep having these jolts going through me... It doesn't hurt, it's just... there."
     Jay nodded taking in her words before standing up again, offering Myra his hand. "Let's go." Myra looked at him with slight suspicion. That was it? He was not going to say anything about it? Force her to stay in bed or anything?
     As if he could read her mind, Jay spoke up again, a smirk on his face. "You're gonna go anyway, better have me there to keep you from breaking your head open." Myra didn't know if she should glare at him or laugh, so she settled for a shake of her head to hide her smile. Myra took Jay's hand and pulled her up, only Jay used too much force on purpose making her stumble against his chest.
     "Asshole." Myra growled, quickly pulling down Jay's beenie before pushing away from him. The girl staggered back, but found her balance as she started her way towards the door.
     Jay laughed, pushing his beenie back up. When he noticed Myra was on her way he made a short sprint to catch up to her.
     "Left hallway." The boy started giving directions, taking off his beenie, pulling his hand through his hair before putting it back.
     Myra glared up at him, but that didn't stop him from smirking back. Annoyed, Myra shook her head again, which only encouraged Jay. Ow how he had missed messing with her.
     Another shock wave went through Myra's body, weakening her legs. Jay shot to her side, but Myra already caught herself on one of the wooden tables that stood in the hallways. Her sudden weight shifted the table with an inch, making the vase with flowers that stood on top of it shake and almost fall if it hadn't been for Lunch, who quickly jumped on the tabel to stabilize the porcelain decoration with all of the strength of his little body. 
     "Are you okay?" Jay asked Myra, one arm placed around her back and his other hand firmly holding her upper arm.
     "Yes." Myra answered after a short pause. The girl pushed herself onto her legs only for her eyes to fall on a mirror that hung on the wall. It wasn't very big, but big enough for Myra to see her torso. Her hair was still a bit of a mess, even though Jay had untangled a big part of it. Her skin was paler than normal, it did bring out her eyes more, but that wasn't important to her. Then she looked at the shirt, blue and yellow, big enough that it fell off of her right shoulder. The bottom hem reached halfway to her knees.
     "You like it?" Jay asked, noticing Myra was examining his shirt.
     "No." Myra said, moving her hair behind her shoulder so she could see the logo up front better. The brunette was a bit taken aback by her answer. "Who the hell thought blue and yellow were a good match?"
     This got Jay to chuckle shortly. "The former king and queen. It represents their colors, yellow for the former queen, Belle and blue for the former king, Adam."
     "Still looks awful. I mean, who would even wear this voluntarily?"
     Jay's chuckle disappeared. "Well... me, actually." He said, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck. "It's mine."
     Not expecting that answer, Myra turned to Jay fully. A trace of guilt in her expression. "It is?"
     "Uhm, yeah." The boy let his arm fall dawn, swatting against his leg. He avoided Myra's eyes. "I- It's my Tourney shirt. Eight- uh- that's my number"
     "Why-" Myra started carefully, but Jay interrupted, talking quick.
     "It was the closest thing that would fit- without rubbing against the wound."
     "Ow..." the young woman turned back to the mirror, looking at the shirt with new eyes. Her fingers brushed the small eight at the bottom of the shirt. That's why it smelled familiar.
     "I guess... it's not that bad."
     Another small smile flickered on Jay's lips before he cleared his throat. "Audrey's room is down the hall." This snapped Myra out of her thoughts.
     "Yeah, right. Let's go."