Chapter 11

The smell of fish, combined with the sweating bodies filled up the entire Fish shop. After Uma had gone after the VK's, Myra, Gil and Harry had made their way back to the others and told them what had happened. No one questioned Myra's story about how she got the black eye, assuming she indeed had tried to stop their enemy from leaving instead of letting them go willingly. 
     The pirates had gathered around the small TV in Ursula's Fish and Chips. Myra and Harry just knew their leader would try something at cotillion which was that same night. Taking place on one big cruse ship around the waters of Auradon. Just like any other main event surrounding the royal family, this one would be aired for everyone to see so no one would miss the new announcement the King was rumored to give. 
     Unlike the others Myra was sitting a table further back, she had rid herself of most of the yellow dust that had been covering her and now was trying to get every small speck of it out of her magical flute. The girl had plopped her feet on the table while leaning back in a chair that balanced on it's two back legs. Myra had a lot of mixed emotions about what had happened, she did not regret letting her old friends leave. But a part of her did regret not leaving with them. She had been so sure she was not going to leave without Uma, but when the time came, Uma did leave without her. Of course she had promised to come and get them, but she had heard such promises before. Unlike her, Harry and Gil didn't doubt the intentions of their leader, that's also why they were glued to the screen and she was not. Lunch was the only one that was sitting with his companion, taken place inside her hat that she had lain on the table. The rat was still busy cleaning itself, even though Myra had already got all the yellow out of his fur. 
     Every now and then, Myra glanced at the TV when she heard something that peaked her interest. Everyone looked stunning, Evie was even wearing jewelry that Dizzy had made. Dizzy was the daughter of Drizella, even though she practically got raised by her grandmother and even worked in her grandma's hairdressing studio. Dizzy and Evie always had a sisterly bond, but unlike Myra, Dizzy hadn't been consumed by her negative emotions about being left behind. 
     Hearing Lumiere announce Lady Mal, Myra glanced up again. Mal was wearing a yellow and blue dress, it didn't suit her that great, Myra thought, especially with Mal's hair still purple, but it was beautiful. Snow White, who was documenting everything that happened, said something about the bolt choice of different textures, but Myra couldn't care less. Unlike Evie had before, Mal seemed about to throw up as she walked down the stairs. Not long after that, Ben was announced and Myra's attention went back to cleaning her flute. Out of nowhere, Harry and the others cheered. It startled Myra and got her to drop her flute on the tabel. "What the hell, guys!" She bit at them. 
     "It's Uma!" Harry exclaimed, getting Myra to jump up and launch herself over the table. She pushed herself passed the other pirates and came standing in front of the TV beside Harry. Completely forgetting Lunch, who got scared by her sudden movement and was still sitting inside the hat on the other table. 
     It indeed was Uma, wearing a stunning blue dress that matched her hair, that was pulled back inside a bun on the top of her head. As she slowly emerged from the stairs, Ben took her hand and guided her down. At the bottom of the stairs, Ben bowed and kissed Uma's hand where the royal ring was placed around the girl's finger. To say Mal was shocked was an understatement. Even from the small screen with barely any audio it was clear that the girl was trying to hide her devastation. Myra hushed everyone to be able to hear anything. It was hard, especially with Snow White blabbing through everything, but from what she gathered, Uma and Ben were supposedly in love. Uma told Mal that she had jumped thought the barrier, swum to Auradon and there she and Ben had met again. It was weird for Myra to see her cousin so girly. She was giddy and giggly and actually seemed head over heals. Despite all that, Myra was convinced Uma must have given Ben some kind of love potion. The two had been so in love that Uma never really could have stolen his heart in such a short moment and after kidnapping him. 
     There seemed to be a painful conversation going on, but everyone was talking so soft it wasn't audible through the bad quality of the TV. Uma hugged Mal, said something and short after, Ben and Uma started to dance with a grace that Myra had never seen in her Cousin before. Even though her attention should fully be with Uma, her eyes focust on Jay. His hair was also in a tight bun on top of his head, which was weird to her, but didn't look bad. She had never seen him in such a formal outfit, even though it still was mostly made out of leather. But the thing that really got her attention, was the girl beside him. It was Lonnie. The girl that was great with a sword. But now she wore a pink dress that made her look even more beautiful. The two stood way to close for Myra's liking and when she noticed Jay's hand on her waist she felt a sharp sting go through her chest.  As the camera's focust on the new royal couple, they disappeared from sight, and Myra did her best to stop focusing on her old crush and more on Uma. As Uma and Ben twirled around the boat, they were able to see the shocked and hurt faces all around them. No one seemed okay with the new development. After a few minutes, Mal was visible in the background, making her way back up the stairs with Evie, Carlos, Jay and Lonnie. Quickly followed by a girl with brown hair and a blue dress who stopped them in the middel of the stairs. 
     "Lumier, unfold the gift." The girl in blue called out, "they need to see it." The camera now turned to the girl and the royal announcer. 
     "Sources have told us that King Ben has been working on this months," Snow White said, smiling widely into the camera. "But one question remains, is this for Mal or Uma? Well, one thing is sure, our royal highness has a weak spot for bad girls." Uma rolled her eyes, Snow White's ever shining smile made her want to punch her in her perfect teeth. 
     "And now, for unveiling of King Ben's masterpiece." Lumier started, loud enough for the pirates to hear through the crappy TV. "Designed especially for his lady." The man's words were followed by loud trumpets. Everything turned to the front of the ship, including the camera, where in the middle a giant stained glass portrait got revealed. Myra gasped in surprise and awe. It was stunning. On the glass was a portrait of Mal and Ben. Mal was wearing a big, purple gown with green details, her hair was purple and floated behind her while a golden crown graced her head. Ben was holding her hand, wearing his formal uniform and looking at her with adoration. 
     Everyone on the boat seemed to agree with Myra's unspoken opinion and a wave of applause broke out. Well, everyone but Uma. "Cover that back up!" The girl ordered Lumier. 
     "I will not." The man answered. All eyes and camera's were now on Uma, who realized her mistake and chuckled nervously.
     "Why don't you tell everyone the present you have for me, Ben?" Uma addressed the King, who seemed to snap out of his daze and averted his eyes from the stained glass.        "I have an announcement." Ben started, speaking up so everyone could hear him. Myra, Harry, Gil and the others eagerly leaned even closer to the screen. "Uma will be joining the court tonight as my lady." Now this was something that got a lot of negative reaction from the crowd.
     A nervous chuckle came from Snow White, "our King has a great sense of humor." It was clear she didn't know what  to say and needed to try really hard to not insult their King.  
     "Son-" The former King started, but Ben didn't let him say any more. 
     "Not now, Dad!"He half yelled and half growled at his father, showing off the slight beast side that was still inside the two man. Ben slowly recovered. "So.. as- uh.. My gift, to her..." The pirates leaned even closer to the TV. "I'm bringing down the barrier once and for all." The Kings words got followed by gasps on the ship, but inside the Fish and Chips shop it got welcomed with cheers and shouts. Harry took Myra in a tide side hug while the girl let out a shout of triumph. Finally she was going to leave the Isle!
     "Fairy Godmother," Ben started again. 
     "Shut your mouths!" Myra shouted at the crew so she and the others could hear the rest, 
     "Bring down the barrier." The King addressed the woman, but she didn't listen. 
     "I most certainly will not." 
     "I am your king!" Ben yelled at her. 
     "Obey him." Uma snarled as well. The girls words got again followed by gasps of shock before everyone fell quiet. Not one person knew how to react, even Snow White stayed quiet. Until Mal decided she had to do something. Determined the girl walked down the stairs, the hurt expression now entirely gone. 
     "Look at me."
     "No," Uma said. "Look at me. You love me, remember?"
     "No, you don't." 
     "Shit," Myra mumbled. "Mal knows it's a love spell." Of course Myra felt sorry for the hurt Mal was going through, but she just wanted to get off the Isle, together with her friends and their only chance was Uma's plan. 
     "Yes, you do." Uma's patience was growing thin. 
     "Ben, look at me." And just as she had requested, Ben shifted his eyes to his ex-girlfriend. 
     "Bring down the barrier now!" Uma yelled at the Fairy Godmother. Realizing Mal's method might work and ruin her plan. 
     "I do not take orders from you." The Fairy Godmother responded, clearly doing her best to keep her cool. 
     Again, Uma tried to appeal to Ben, but his attention was with Mal. "I never told you that I loved you because I thought that I wasn't good enough. And I thought that it was only a matter of time before you realized that yourself."  Myra noticed Uma mumbling something and rolling her eyes while Mal continued. "But, Ben, that's me." She said while pointing at the stained glass work. "I'm part Isle and part Auradon." 
     "Ben, eyes over here." Uma said on a threatening tone, which got him to turn back to Uma, but only for a second as Mal continued. 
     "And, Ben, you've always known who we were and who we can be. Ben, I know what love feels like now." Mal chuckled, hoping her words were getting Ben out of his daze, but it didn't seem to have worked so far. "Ben..." The desperation started to show. "Of course I  love you. Ben, I've always loved you." Now, the purple haired girl lay her hands on the King's shoulders and kissed him. Myra rolled her eyes and gagged while Harry let his head fall on the table groaning. 
     When they parted, Ben looked at Mal and really saw her for the first time since the evening had begun. "Mal." He said with a smile. 
     Myra groaned, bringing her hands to cover her eyes while she turned around. "Damn that true loves kiss! Why does it have to work every time?" She asked to no one in particular. Small stings started to make it's way up Myra's right leg, which got her to look down. It was Lunch, the animal had had enough of being left alone on the table and climbed up the girl's body to take a seat inside the one breast pocket her long coat had. 
     "Ugh!" Uma started out of nowhere. startling everyone around her and getting Myra to look back at the TV. "Give it to me!" Ursula's daughter tried to grab the wand from Fairy Godmother. 
     "No!" The woman exclaimed, holding Uma on a distance with one hand while she held the wand high in her other. "Guards! Seize her!" Realizing the danger she was in, Uma bolted to the side of the ship. 
     "No, no! Stop!" Mal tried to stop Uma from jumping off the boat while staying at a distance. knowing that physical contact might result in a worse outcome. "Uma, I know you. You are so much more than just a villain." Mal's words to Uma made Myra think back to the words Jay had said to her not even a day ago. "And you have to believe me because I've been there. Do not let your pride get in the way of something that you really want." Uma let her enemies words sink in and for a moment Myra thought Mal's words had influenced Uma. That her niece would see what she ment and take her chance to join the VK's and start a life in Auradon. 
     But when the magical Shell necklace from her mother started to glow, and an evil smirk came on Uma's face, Myra knew her cousin wasn't going to give up just yet. The pirate climbed on the railing of the ship and jumped, under loud protest of Mal and the others. 
     "What is she doin'?" Harry asked. 
     "I don't know..." Myra answered, biting down on her bottom lip. 
     Everyone on the ship was staring over the edge at the water. Unfortunately the camera wasn't capable of that angel so they had to do with Snow White's commentary. "It seems like Uma has disappeared under water... Ow... Ow by the Holy Crown something's happening... Gerry are you getting this?" Snow White's camera guy did his best to film the water. There was a gold glowing whirlpool rising up from under the water. It became bigger and bigger, towering out above the ship and everyone on it. Until it exploded. Water splashed over the camera, something collided with it, slamming it out of Gerry's hands making it hit the ground. The next moment the screen went grey and a text filled the small TV in twirly letters: "We're experiencing some technical difficulties. We'll be back in a poof!"

🐾●°●🐭●°●🐾