Chapter 09

It was almost time. Every moment now Mal and her gang should come to them with the Fairy Godmother's wand, trade it for Ben and they would be free. When Uma had said she had a way for them to get off the Island she hadn't been bluffing. After she had returned she simply  broke down the wooden poles that held up the plates where the boat had been standing. After the big splash and the boat dangerously sweeping from side to side, it stayed in it's place. Right now it was peacefully swaying on the waves.
     Ben had been moved from the captain's hut to the deck. Bound to the pole of the main mast. Myra hadn't exchanged a single word with the King of Auradon since he had messed with her head.
     Uma had been in a bad mood after Myra had voiced her feelings. At first, Uma had planned to get Myra to rejoin her old group, infiltrate so no matter what happened, they would get their hands on the wand. Only the daughter of Ursula had thrown that plan over board. Not wanting to take the risk that Myra would turn on her the moment she got the chance. 
     Myra was sitting on the roof of the Captain's hut, eating an apple as she let her eyes wonder from the sea, to the ship, to the bay and everything around it. Harry was messing with the King, Myra could see them, but was too far away to hear what Captain Hook's son was whispering. 
     "Give it a rest, Harry. Give it a rest." Uma interrupted, seeming annoyed by the boy's behavior. "We don't want damaged goods." The young woman continued as she sad down in front of Ben.
     "You said that I could hook him." Harry's snarled at Uma, his patience running thin. But to be honest, he didn't have much patience to begin with.
     "I said at noon." Uma's voice left no room for contradiction.
     Harry glared at Ben, leaning with his hooked hand against the pole Ben was bound to. The young King followed Harry's every move. But he hadn't expected him to drop an hour watch in front of his face. "Twenty more minutes."
     Ben bowed his head to look at the watch, "that says 11:30." Myra shook her head with a soft, amused chuckle.
     "You better hope your girlfriend comes through." Uma spoke up, not interested in Harry's obsession. Harry hummed in agreement as he took his place beside Uma. 
     "But she's not my girlfriend anymore." Ben's voice was sad. Myra understood his pain, but refused to feel sympathy for the man that kept them prisoner.  There was a short silence that got interrupted by Harry's chuckling. 
     "Leave us alone, Harry." With one last whisper to Ben, Harry obeyed Uma's wish and walked away from the two. Myra realized right then that Uma was not aware that she could hear them, but she didn't move away, wanting to hear what Uma was going to say.
     "I get that you don't deserve this." Ben started once he also thought they were alone.
     Only his words ment nothing to Uma, who started to laugh. She leaned back on her hands and looked at the King with a giant, forced smile before she started talking and the smile disappeared. "This island is a prison thanks to your father. And don't pretend to look out for me, because no one's looking out for me." She paused. "It's just me." Those words hit Myra. How could she think she was alone, when her cousin was always there for her?
     "So this isn't your mom's plan?" Ben asked, earning a scoff from Uma. "Isn't that her necklace?" 
     "My mom doesn't care about me either. Well, not unless she needs someone for the nights shift." 
     Ben seemed a little taken back by her words. "What about your cousin, Myra? She cares about you, doesn't she?"
     This time, Uma jumped up. "I thought so too, but you ruined her as well. One simple conversation made her question her loyalties. It wouldn't surprise me if she turned her back on me the first chance she gets." The sadness in her voice and eyes made Myra look away. The girl knew her doubts had hurt Uma, but that she thought she could do that to her... Uma was her family and her friend. Myra wasn't going to do that. Yes, of course she hoped her old friends still cared about her in some way, but even if that were true Myra would never have betrayed her. Or that was what she told herself. 
     Not wanting to hear more of their conversation, Myra walked away, followed by her rat. She was going to prove to her Cousin that she was loyal to her. That she didn't have to worry about which side she was on, because she was on Uma's and always will be.