Chepter 36

The drive back to the Isle was silent and uncomfortable. Hades had attempted to start a few conversations with the guards and even with Myra through the little barrier that split the front and back from the car, but no one had the energy to deal with the man so they ignored him. Which got him to stop trying.  
     Myra had been staring out of the window the entire time. Looking out over the waters and through the flashes of sparkly gold that spiraled around the bridge they drove on. She kept replaying what had happened with Jay over and over in her head. Guilt and regret building up more and more with every passing minute as she tried not to think about the boy, walking back to the castle, water dripping from his soaked clothes, having to explain what had happened to his friends- aaand she was thinking about it. Quickly Myra wiped the one tear from her cheek and shook her head, biting down on her lower lip. She couldn't let her emotions take over. The Ilse was already getting closer and the moment she got there she couldn't show weakness. Crying is showing weakness. She couldn't afford it. Not after being gone for multiple days and leaving the crew without a leader. Granted, Harry should've stayed to lead them, but still. It had been her responsibility. 
     The black car stopped ones it had driven through the barrier, the wall closing behind it.  Through the darkened glass Myra had already seen Uma, Harry and Gil standing not that far away. They had been waiting for her. A small smile tugged on her lips before she took a deep breath, checked her face for any traces of tears inside the mirror, and stepped out of the car. Grabbing the bag she got from Carlos out of the trunk and swinging it over her shoulder as she made her way to  them.
     Gil greeted her first, lifting one hand to wave at her enthusiastically. Harry and Uma were standing beside him, Uma with her arms folded over her chest and a smirk on her face. Myra could tell Uma was suppressing a smile by the way the corners of her lips twitched and the gleam in the young woman's eyes. Myra tried her best to return her cousin's 'smile', which she succeeded in decently.
     "There she is!" Uma said, clapping her hands almost sarcastically. Gil and Harry shouted and whooped with glee, especially after they noticed Myra got uncomfortable do to their enthusiasm.
     The blond twirled her hands before making a deep bow. Lunch crawled to the back of her neck not to fall off, pushing Myra's braided hair to fall over her shoulder, making it brush the ground. The other's clapped louder as she did. The moment she stood straight again Harry lay his arm around her shoulders, pulling her into a side hug, smiling his killer grin. "Found yu'r way back, Love?"
     "Unfortunately." Myra answered, pushing Harry's arm away.
     "Ahhhh! Don't be such a buzzkill, Cousin. Ya know you missed us." Uma said while bumping into her, a smirk on her lips. A smile tugged on Myra's lips.
     "Yeeaaah! Look at that!" Gil chimed in. "She's smiling! You did miss us."
     This made Myra laugh, together with her friends. All of them somewhat relieved that they were together and save. Well, as save as can be on the Isle of the Lost. Together the four of them started their way towards the quay.
     "Not, so fast, Mirabella." Hades had been let out of the car and the guards had undone his chains. He was rubbing his wrists as he came standing over Myra. 
     "What?" The girl groaned. The man was maybe trying to be intimidating, but Myra was way too tired to actually care. 
     Hades eyes searched the Pied Piper's daughter's face, there was no emotion readable on his expression as he did so. Finally he opened his mouth, his voice was softer this time. "You got two days before you'll be at my side. Starting now." Saying no more, the almost powerless God walked away. The people of the Ilse who had gathered around to see what was happening rushed aside to make way for him.
     "Wait a minute." Uma spoke up, hands on her hips as she glared at Hades. 
     "Yeah?" Hades answered, turning around letting out a dramatically annoyed sigh. 
     "The flute broke." 
     The man's eyebrows shot up in surprise. "Did it now?"
     "Yeah," Uma continued, ignoring Myra's silent begging for her to stop. "No flute, no soul. The deals off. Myra's free." A silence fell as the group of four stared at the God, who stared right back at them. There was a dark look in Hades' eyes as he took some steps back to the group, towering over Uma this time. The longer the silence lasted the stronger the tension hanging in the air became. Myra thought Hades would hurt Uma, but instead the man started laughing. 
     "Ow..." He said, pulling his hand through Uma's hair. "You're a funny one." Uma swatted his hand away with an angry growl. Wrong move. Hades grabbed Uma by the collar of her jacket and pulled her towards him. Their faces were only inches apart as the man spoke, fire spit from his eyes, his voice such a low growl it was almost impossible for Myra to make out his words.
     "Listen up, Shrimpy. Mirabella's soul is mine. The trade was made, the flute for the soul of a firstborn. Just 'cuz she managed to break it does not mean the deal is off. Get it?" Not waiting for a response Hades roughly pushed her back. Gil was the one catching Uma before she could fall. 
     "And you." Hades bit at Myra, pointing at her accusingly. He was about to say something but seemed to change his mind as the words got stuck in his throat. He closed his mouth and let his hand fall. "Two days." He eventually said. "And no funny business." 
     Once Hades was out of sight, the four dared to make a sound again. "Asshole." Uma growled as she straightened her collar, glaring at the place the man had disappeared. 
     "For a lad made outta flames he really needs to lighten up." Harry mumbled, looking into the same direction as Uma. "Don't ya think, Love?" The pirate turned to Myra, but she didn't recognize his words. Unlike her friends she had not been looking forward, but back. The Guards that had brought them back really had not wasted any time getting back into their car and driving off. The group of men had ignored the entire scene and just got in their car and drove off. The only thing Myra saw was the barrier closing for the last time the moment the car had drove through. Dread filled the young woman as she watched the golden, see through wall sparkling back at her. Taunting her with it's beauty. Of course the only beautiful thing on the Isle was the one thing keeping them all in.
     Uma spoke up, seeming to be recovered from the slight humiliation she had endured at the hands of Hades. "It doesn't matter. Let's go, Cousin. While we were gone some dude named Horace tried to take over. Let's show 'em what happens to privateers on our ship." 
     Myra shook her head, turning to Uma and the others. "I'm gonna... I need to do something first. You guys go ahead." 
     The three exchanged some looks. "You sure?" Uma asked, on which Myra answered with a few nods. 
     "Okay, well. Whatever." The blue haired girl said as she walked off, Gil and Harry following. 
     "Ow, and Harry?" Myra called after them, getting the guy to turn around. "Hook him for me, will ya?" 
     Harry's infamous killer grin took over his face. "My pleasure, Love." Immediately his posture changed as he started to walk with a little excited hop in is step. Myra could almost see Uma rolling her eyes as they continued to walk away. Once alone Myra turned around, making her way up the closest rooftop.