Chapter 15

"You should go." Harry spoke up after staring out of the small window inside the side of the ship's Cabin. 
     After her conversation with Celia, Myra went straight back to her ship. Once there she ordered Harry and Gil to follow her into the Captain's cabin where she had explained her struggle. They knew she had been invited and had accepted the invitation. But they thought she had already made up her mind. Now they knew she did not know what she wanted, they tried to help. But Myra hadn't expected Harry himself to say she should leave. 
     "And leave all of you?" Myra questioned. "No way. You guys won't survive a week without your last remaining brain cell." 
     Harry rolled his eyes, turning away from the window to place both of his hands on Myra's shoulders. "Com'n, Love. Ya can leave those scumbags to me. We'll be fine." 
     Myra didn't react, looking into Harry's eyes while biting down on her lip. "I may not be the smartest." Gil spoke up from his place on the ground, where he was leaning against the wall with one leg pulled up. "But even I know you want to go."
     The girl sighed, pushing Harry's hands away to walk to the window herself. Looking out over the water that glistened in the light of the sun on the other side of the barrier. "But Uma-" She started, but Harry interrupted.
     "Will understand." 
     "Okay, yeah. Could be." Myra mumbled, looking down at Lunch, who was sitting on her shoulder. "But still... What about... Hades..." A silence fell in the room. Harry and Gil exchanged a worried look. Defying a God was never a good idea, especially when that particular God was the rightful owner of one's soul. Gil stood up from the ground, making his way to stand with Myra and Harry. 
     "Just go." The boy with yellow hair spoke in a reassuring voice. "And who knows, maybe he doesn't even notice you're gone until you're already passed the barrier." 
     "Just..." Harry started. "Don't forget 'bout us when you're in Bore-adon." 
     A smile came on Myra's lips and she did something that wasn't normal on the Isle of the Lost. She pulled both of them in for a hug. "I would love to, but I'm afraid your ugly faces are burned into my mind." 

That night Myra could barely sleep. At first, she felt relieved, knowing she had made up her mind she thought her mind would calm down. But within no time her brain was filled with worry after worry. Up until the point she had started feeling sic to her stomach. 
     Right now, after lying awake for what felt like forever, Myra got out of her hammock. Careful not to wake the others that slept below deck with her, the Pied Piper's daughter made her way to her favorite spot on the ship. The highest crows nest. The boat was softly swaying in the calm waves, the black water shimmering with the reflection of the lights on the docks. Not much, just a few lanterns and torches, but enough to show the deep water's beauty. Myra realized that this might be the very last time she was able to be there, standing in the Crow's nest, looking out over everyone and everything around her. Her life was about to change, she knew that before, but at that moment she realized how much. Auradon was nothing like the Isle. She wouldn't know what to do, what to wear, how to behave. Myra hadn't even packed anything. The only things she was determined to bring were Lunch and her flute. So actually just one thing. Besides clothes, of course. But even deciding which made the pit in her stomach sink deeper. From her high up place, she could see the first rays of the sun reaching up from behind the shadow of Auradon's castle, making her realize she did not have a very long time left on the Isle. VK day had come. Letting out a desperate sigh, she started to sing. 
     "I'm standing on the borderline,
      What should I bring or leave behind? 
      From who I was,
      For who I'm gonna be?"
     The familiar sound of nails scratching against wood drew Myra's attention. A sad smile came on her face as she reached down and let Lunch crawl on her hands. The little animal let out an offended squeak, not agreeing with Myra leaving him alone around all the sleeping pirates.
     "I still haven't packed my bags,
      And I could not care less.
      Maybe I'll miss the car.
      A walk's still progress made,
      I just won't arrive quite as fast." 
     And for a moment, Myra thought she ment it. If she just didn't go today, someone else got a chance and who knew, maybe she would be able to go with the next group. Maybe even together with Harry and Gil. Another squeak from Lunch drew her eyes to him. It was clear Lunch didn't agree with her by the almost stern look in his small, beady eyes. Making her chuckle. She knew he was right, there was no guarantee that Harry and Gil would be able to come with her any time soon or that she would get another chance. She was already given so many, it really was time for her to leave. "Let's go for a walk." Myra told Lunch while placing him on her shoulder. 
     Not long after, Myra had taken her only bag, not very big and filled with patches from different material and color- something her father used to love- and filled it with some of her clothing and essentials. Leaving it inside the Captain's Cabin to collect that afternoon when she would leave. Not feeling like hanging around, Myra walked the one other place she had ever lived in. Her father's cave. 
     "I'm thinking way back,
      To where I'm from,
      To the things I had." 
     Myra looked around the cave. There was barely anything left from her childhood. The place had clearly been raided multiple times since her dad had passed away and she had left the place. It was dark, except for one ray of light that could come in through a hole in the roof. It shed just enough light around for Myra to see the places she had scratched on the stone walls out of boredom. She had never been artistically gifted like Mal with her spray paint, but the carvings were decent enough. She let her fingers trace the lines as she breathed in the familiar damp air, eyes scanning over the middle of the room where there still were traces of the fire's that used to burn there. Imagining the dozens and dozens of brightly colored tapestries, carpets and pillows that used to decorate the place, making the hard stone that had to represent chairs and beds less uncomfortable. For a short moment, she could even see her father standing in the middle of the room. Wearing his big cloak that was made out of so many different fabrics and colors as he could find, orange and purple striped tights and a green, puffy sleeved shirt that reached just a little above his knees, held together by a brown leather belt around his stomach. The very same Myra now wore around her waist. Of course his magical flute hung from his belt inside it's own brown bag. His one deep yellow eye and other eye such a dark green it was almost indistinguishably with the black of his pupils looking at Myra. But the girl quickly shook her head and the image disappeared and she exited the cave, hugging herself as she walked passed the line of the barrier that was right beside the cave. 
     "I feel I've forgotten something." She continued to sing as she reached for her finger where once had been the silver ring her father had given her years ago. 
     "I'm sure that's it's probably nothing,
      But that's based more on fear than on fact."