ELEVEN

"pineapple pizza most definitely does belong on pizza." everest argued.

"well you also like la croix so i'd say your opinions are a little skewed." max retorted.

"i have to agree with max." said olivia. "pineapple
is a fruit. fruit doesn't go on pizza?"

"tomatoes are a fruit." sofia pointed out, "they go on pizza."

"that's completely different." max said,
shaking his head.

"is it?" josh questioned.

"whatever, let's put our difference aside. i'm really glad that we're all able to hang out, i think we're all going to become really good friends. we at least share the mutually interest to make fun of josh." olivia laughed.

"definitely." everest looked over at josh and smiled.

"hey!" he exclaimed, "not nice."

the group of now friends continued to hang out all night, they were now in one of their hotel rooms, and grace joined them.

"what should we watch? i'm thinking 'you'" max suggested.

"i love that show!" sofia exclaimed, "season two was so good."

"i don't understand anyone that thinks joe is attractive." grace told the group, "he's psychotic."

"but like in a hot way." cyra pointed out.

"is that really the type of guy that girls want?" matt sounded exasperated.

"no" replied olivia

at the same time, cyra responded with yes.

they laughed, "we have different taste i guess."

"joe is definitely not hot, cyra." everest said.

"so then what is your type of guy?" cyra challenged her. everest knew exactly what she was getting at. cyra even glanced at josh, and smirked back at her.

"some girls like the lanky spaghetti noodle type, with the brown curly hair."

olivia raised her eyebrows and giggled,

"shut up." everest told her best friend, and a blush rose to her cheeks. josh looked equally embarrassed and was avoiding eye contact with everyone. he seemed really intrigued with the floor.

"hey i mean i like the lanky spaghetti noodle type also." max offered. "i'd let timothee chalamet do anything to me."

"oh my god." sofia shrieked.

"i mean, who wouldn't? grace questioned, she held a valid point.

"i'm more of a harry styles type of girl." olivia mentioned.

"they look the exact same." matt sounded confused, he had been watching you this whole time and wasn't paying attention to any of their banter.

there was a chorus of "no they don't!" from all the girls and max.

later that night, olivia and everest found themselves in a conversation just between the two.

"hey, i'm really glad you and josh are friends again. it means a lot to him."

"it means a lot to me too."

"i haven't really seen him this happy." olivia told everest, "he really cares about you. you see the way that he looks at you right?"

"yeah i see his looks. and i care a lot about him too."

"and i hope you decide whether he's worth forgiving everest."

"yeah i hope so too."

and after a long night of netflix and bantering, they all made there way to their own hotel rooms. except for josh and everest.

"i had a lot of fun tonight josh."

"yeah me too ev"

"i'm glad that we're friends again." everest looked a little bashful.

"i don't think that max and cyra hate me?" josh ended his sentence as more of a question to everest rather than a statement.

"no they don't." she assured. "they just don't want to see me get hurt again."

"i'm sorry everest."

"i know you are josh. but i don't think you realize what leaving me behind did." her voice was thick and she was on the verge of crying. "i still have nightmares."

"i-" josh started, but he didn't really know what to say. instead he engulfed her smaller frame into a hug. she stood stiff for a moment before relaxing into his body. "i'm so sorry. i'm so sorry" he repeated.

everest didn't know how long they had stayed hugging, but when she pulled away, her tears were dry and her mascara was a mess. she cleared her throat, "thanks."

"everest i promise i will always be here. i won't leave, not again. you can come to me whenever." josh pleaded.

everest looked in his eyes, they held truth. "i believe that josh. i really do." she looked at the time and realized she would have to get up in a couple of hours. "goodnight josh."

"goodnight everest."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・✧