THIRTY THREE

a couple weeks after the premiere, peyton had her birthday party. the whole 'gang' plus even more people were all there.

she was currently dancing with emily and meg, when she spotted josh across the floor. she grinned and beckoned him over to where she was standing.

when he was close enough to him, she thew her arms around his shoulders and gave him a hug. if she wasn't buzzed, she would have probably felt butterflies.

"hey josh." she murmured.

"hey ev."

"i missed you a lot."

"you already told me that" he had a lopsided smirk on his face.

"i know. but i missed you a lot. you're my best friend." she replied.

"still?" he questioned, "even after...everything?"

everest sighed, "yes. even after everything. i think we both know we'll be friends no matter what."

"of course...friends. always." his voice was a bit quieter.

as they were talking, a slow song came on. "dance with me?" everest questioned, smiling.

"what about asher?" he asked, looking around.

everest shrugged, "he's taking pictures with sofia, peyton, and joshua rush."

josh nodded, and agreed to dance. she put her hands around his neck and he pulled her closer with the arms around the small of her waist.

"when did you get so tall?" everest giggled, looking up at him.

josh scoffed, "i've always been tall!"

"nope." everest popped her the p, "i remember when i was way taller than you."

josh shook his head, "i remember no such thing. you're a midget now anyway."

she playfully hit his shoulder. "i'm not a midget. and says you, green bean."

"you said you missed me, and then you start insulting me!"

everest shrugged, "green beans are cute."

"midgets are cute too."

"hey." asher greeted her, which startled her a little bit. she didn't know he was there.

"oh hey man." josh responded. boys were weird, they acted all sweet and cute with you, and then guys came along and they acted all tough. they gave each other one of those bro hug things.

"mind if we dance?" asher asked josh, motioning to him and everest.

"oh yeah. i'm going to go find olivia. i'll see you later." he turned in the direction of everest, "bye everest."

she gave a faint smile, "bye josh." when he walked away, everest couldn't help but feel sad.

"you having a good time?" her boyfriend asked, pulling her closer.

"yeah." she answered, and she really tried to distract herself from how being in asher's arms didn't feel like josh's.

"what's wrong? you seem distracted?"

"no. no. i'm fine. not distracted." she said defensively. probably answering too fast because it only made asher more suspicious.

"uh okay." he replied, not convinced. "you wanna go get something to eat?" he motioned to the food area.

"yeah sure." her response was faint, and asher took her hand and started to lead her over.

she turned her head to where josh was standing, an expression that looked almost angry on his face.

the whole night everest tried to shake off the feeling that something didn't feel right. yet she still saw what looked to be jealousy on josh's face all night.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・✧

everestemerson

peytonelizabethlee  asherangel

liked by peytonelizabethlee, asherangel, joshuatbassett, and 77,482 others

everestemerson happy birthday peyt. love u 💗

peytonelizabethlee aw ev ily. thank u for coming 😭
everestemerson 🥰
asherangel gorgeous
everestemerson ❤️
maxxmeyers stupid finals i wish i could fave come
cyradavis ditto 😞
peytonelizabethlee me too !
olivia.rodrigo two gorgeous girls and asher
asherangel why can't i be gorgeous too?
sofiawylie my favs !
mattcornett ouch
mattcornett they said i was too ugly to be in the photo 😢
everestemerson stfu u lying ass bitch
joshuatbassett i had a great time ev
everestemerson me too joshy 💜
megdonnelly sm fun!
emilyskinner prettyyyy

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・✧

thanks for reading !! remember to vote and comment :) sorry that it's a lil late, i just needed a small break :) anyway i hope u have a good day 💕 -em