TWENTY

they were filming the last scene today, the scene where everest's character tells josh's that she loves him. and then she kisses him. her character is upset because he kissed her and then pretended it didn't happen. how fitting to their current situation.

"and take one."

"no you don't understand!" everest shouted.

"what could i possibly not understand! tell me, please!" josh begged, his eyes pleading.

and suddenly everest started getting angry. it wasn't josh's character that didn't understand, it was josh. you can't just go and kiss your best friend and pretend nothing happened.

he ruined everything by kissing her! and for what. nothing even came out of it. fuck him.

everest had tears in her eyes, but she wasn't acting. "you can't just go and kiss your best friend. you are the only person that's ever been there for me. and you just ruined it. because now it's never going to go back to how it was!" everest was crying now. she supposed it must have been okay even though it wasn't in the script to cry because they didn't say cut.

"why can't it go back to normal?" he asked, stepping toward hers wiping a tear off her eye.

"because i love you!" she shouted, still crying. in a split second she looks at him and smashes their lips together. josh's hands were in the air before settling on her waist and pulling her close.

as pulled away, their foreheads touching, he told her, "i love you too."

"and cut."

everest was still silently crying, turned away from josh.

"and that's a wrap on lost and found guys!" madalaine said excitedly, leaping up from her chair.

she then noticed josh looking down at her feet, and everest's back faced to them, her shoulders shaking.

"oh-um. maybe you guys should go talk." madalaine said softly. she led them away from the rest of the cast and crew. "well i'll see you later when you work this out." she told them. "please work your shit out, or the cast party will be awkward." and with that she walked away.

"ev..." josh tried to get her attention softly. "what's wrong?"

she turned toward him, "what's wrong?" she asked incredulously. "are you a fucking idiot?"

"er-okay. i think i know what this is about." he said, scratching his neck.

"why did you kiss me josh?" she asked him, staring him straight in the eyes.

"i-i wanted to." he said. "i l-" he was cut off by the brunette.

"josh. besides cyra and max, you know me better than anywhere. i value our friendship so much. remember when my mom would get drunk and hit me?" everest stopped and let out a sob just thinking about the terrible memories. "and you would sneak through my bedroom to console me?" she paused again to breathe, "josh you left me with my abusive, and alcoholic mother."

"and i guess that's something that bothered me this whole time. you abandoned me with my mom
who hit me and was constantly drunk. you didn't check up on me or anything. you abandoned me."

"and i'm not mad anymore, it would be selfish for me to make you stay. your happiness and career comes before mine. i get that. it isn't your job to make me happy."

"we finally became friends again. and you kissed me. i value our friendship too much, we can't ever be anymore than friends, right?" she continued, "and you even said it was just a new years kiss."

"oh." he said, trying to hold back tears that were threatening to spill. "yeah. that's what i was going to say."

"okay good." she paused, talking a deep breath. she had to keep her front that she didn't care. because he didn't care either. "i'll see you later josh."

and they had no idea that the other walked away with tears pouring from their eyes.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・✧

ev 🧚🏼‍♀️| everestemerson

sometime shit sucks

20K LIKES  9,794 REPLIES

COMMENTS DISABLED

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・✧