SEVENTEEN

liked by cyradavis, maxxmeyers, joshuatbassett, and 41,489 others

everestemerson ringin' in the new year with my favvv 💫

view all 5,939 comments
joshuatbassett photo creds ?
everestemerson 🤷‍♀️
joshuatbassett aww i'm ur fav 😊
everestemerson i was talking about the cake...
cyradavis i can't wait to see what's next for u bb
everestemerson i love uuu
cyradavis 🤩🤩🥳
maxxmeyers when she got cake 😳👀
everestemerson 🤫🤫
olivia.rodrigo i can't wait for a year full of great times w uuu 😘
everestemerson this year is gonna be great w u girlie
sofiawylie ur actually the cutest 💖
everestemerson no u 💘
mattcornett u have smth on ur nose
everestemerson o shit matt thanks i had no idea i look so stupid ughh
peytonelizabethlee i already know this years gonna be great and full of opportunities for u :)
everestemerson thanks peyt, and i can't wait to hang out once filming is done!!
gracieeromero 💓💓😍
everestemerson 💜
asherangel cutee
everestemerson 🤍

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・✧

everest and josh were standing on his hotel balcony. they had returned the day after christmas to start filming again.

with about thirty seconds to midnight, they were standing outside to see the fireworks go off.

thirty

"josh i'm really glad that we got cast in this movie together."

"me too, ev."

twenty

"i can't stand thinking that without this movie we would have never talked for the rest of our lives."

"you're my best friend everest. and i don't know what i would do without you in my life."

five

"josh i need to tell you something important"

three

"i-i like"

the fireworks went off and josh glanced at her, and then down at her lips. he surged forward and grabbed her face. he kissed her and everest was in shock for a second before kissing him back. his lips were rough yet gentle at same time. and before she could register what had happened he stepped back.

"just a new years kiss, right?"

"oh-uh yeah. right. just a new years kiss." she replied in dismay.

"wait there was something you wanted to tell me?" he asked, only half interested.

"oh, it's nothing. never mind." she told him. she couldn't tell him now that he basically told her their kiss meant nothing. to him that is.

"oh okay. let's watch the fireworks."

so they watched the fireworks. but everest wasn't really watching the fireworks. but instead playing their kiss over and over in her head. with a sinking feeling in her gut that she would be nothing more to joshua than an old friend.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・✧