THIRTY EIGHT

ev 🧚🏼‍♀️ | everestemerson

i'm so sorry

16K LIKES  COMMENTS DISABLED

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・✧

"come on. get out of bed." cyra tugged her arm, but everest was determined to stay in her bed.

after realizing she wouldn't be able to pull her best friend out of bed, she sat on the side of her. "when was the last time you left your bed?" cyra questioned.

"for your information, i got out of bed this morning to grab another box of thin mints." her voice was muffled from the blanket pulled up to her chin.

cyra rolled her eyes, "you need to do something. you have done literally nothing!"

"says you bitch. what have you done?" everest retorted.

cyra scoffed, "wouldn't you like to know. well first chad and i had to go get plan b. then i had a class, and then olivia told me you were having a mental breakdown so i skipped my psychology lecture with my hot professor to see you!"

"sorry." everest murmered.

"it's fine baby." cyra ran a hand through her tangled hair. "it's gonna be fine."

everest started crying again, "i hurt him so much!" she wailed. "if you saw his face, you'd be crying too. i think i broke him!"

"did you love asher?" cyra questioned softly.

everest sniffled, and sighed. "no."

"in your heart, deep down, did you ever think you would? or were you subconsciously using him as a replacement for josh. so really by breaking up with him, you were doing a favor so it didn't drag on any longer?"

"goddamn. you're like a psychologist." she whispered to cyra.

"well that's what i'm majoring in, so i hope so."

"yeah i know." everest told her friend, laughing a little even though she was crying still. "but i didn't think you actually payed attention to anything he was saying, i assumed you were too distracted by his looks."

"bitch. i'm a fucking scholar." cyra laughed. "so it was really for the best then."

"i guess. i just wish i didn't have to hurt him like that."

cyra nodded in agreement. "look, i think being with him, he was like a crutch for you. so you could feel better."

everest sighed, feeling terrible. "so you're saying i just used him?"

"you said that, not me."

everest snacked on a piece of pizza by her bedside. "can you turn my phone off? josh has been texting me nonstop." she said this nonchalantly.

"uh...are you going to respond?"

"no"

cyra sighed, slightly annoyed with her friend. "i know you think it's his fault."

"that's because-."

cyra put her in a stop position. "hear me out. maybe the breakup was inevitable because you love josh. i would maybe go as far as to say it...he did you a favor."

everest just scowled. "why do you always have to be right?"

"you said it, not me."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・✧

heyy sorry for the wait for the chapter!! tbh i've spent the last week watching all 23 mcu movies, many for the first time. i got pretty distracted lmao. i'm honestly a huge mcu fan girl now. anyway pls vote and comment. -em