FIFTEEN

"happy birthday to you! happy birthday to you! happy birthday dear joshua. happy birthday to you!" everest and his family were gathered around the kitchen singing to josh.

"yay!" his mom clapped. "make a wish."

he blew out the candles and looked straight and everest and gave a lopsided grin.

after eating cake and josh opening all of his gifts, the were relaxing in his room.

"i want to give you my gift now." everest told him.

"you didn't need to get my anything." his face was flushed and he looked bashful.

"i wanted to josh." they went through this every year. it was josh's birthday he always said he didn't want any gifts and everest insisted. he got one every test, so she didn't know why he bothered.

she pulled out a guitar strap from her bad. "i know it's not much, but since you love playing so much.."

"everest, i love it." he gave her a giant hug and when he pulled away she could have sworn he glanced and her lips.

he pulled away from the hug, but their heads were close together. they were about to kiss. but they couldn't kiss. they were just friends. they could only be friends because if it didn't work out, she couldn't stand to lose josh again. she cleared her throat, "anyway." she ducked her head and moved away from him.

josh shook his head "uhm right. do you wanna watch a movie."

everest smiled and nodded her head. "yeah."

and just like every night since the nightmare, they confidently fall asleep in josh's bed. and everest doesn't get any nightmares.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・✧

liked by everestemerson, olivia

liked by everestemerson, olivia.rodrigo, sofiawylie and 725,279 others

joshuatbassett thank y'all for the birthday wishes :) this has been the best year of my life

view all 30,389 comments
everestemerson happy birthday josh 🥳 i'm so glad you're in my life again 💖
olivia.rodrigo happy bday joshy love u 😘
sofiawylie happy birthday joshhh 🎉 this is gonna be the best year yet !
mattcornett happy birthday amigo can't wait for more adventures
megdonnelly happy bday joshua 🎊
jennaortega happy birthday! u have come so far from being my onscreen bf haha
gracieeromero so glad we got to meet, happy bday dude
cyradavis happy birthday dumbass
maxxmeyers ur ok ig have a good bday
milomanheim happy birthday bro 🎉
user1 happy birthday joshua !!
user2 he's so adorable 😍