THIRTY SEVEN

so i don't usually write notes before the chapter begins, but i  don't know anything ab tarot cards or readings lol, i just got this idea from a try guys video. so sorry if u know ab it and this sounds stupid lolll

everest sighed, "liv, why are we doing this?"

"because it seems interesting!" olivia replied as they climbed out of the car. she was acting awfully peppy today, "it's on my bucket list."

olivia was talking about seeing a psychic, a tarot card reader or a fortune teller. honestly she had no idea.

"maybe it'll tell us we're going to together forever." asher teased, jabbing her softly in the side with his elbow.

everest snorted, "yeah maybe." she just wasn't quite convinced that these psychics were even legitimate.

it was only the four of them, olivia, josh, asher, and everest. cyra, matt, and peyton were all busy and max said he didn't need anyone to tell him he was a failure.

everest decided to go last, mainly because she was hoping some sort of emergency would come up and they would have to leave before it was her turn. alas that didn't happen.

"okay." the woman began, "i'm going to start with just general, and then we can answer some more specific questions." everest nodded wearily.

"from the beginning i sense a dark aura around you. maybe trauma from a family member that you carry around with you?"

everest's breathing hitched, she must have known something about her before. how could she know? "uh yeah." she answered slowly, "my mom. she's an alcoholic."

the lady nodded, "that explains it. you carry around anger about her. you seem to feel like you don't really anyone. no family?"

everest shook her head no, and took a deep breath to make sure no tears fell. she felt a reassuring hand on her thigh from asher. it only made her more anxious.

the woman put down the cards. "you have a friend. who is with you for everything?" she questioned, holding a card up.

everest nodded, "uh yeah. i guess so."

"you're afraid of losing them. but maybe you have before." the woman adds. was there any chance she was talking about cyra and max?

"yeah"

"the card tells me that this person will always be your friend. maybe even deeper than a friend." everest sees asher stiffen in her peripheral vision and olivia suck in a breath.

"oh." was the only thing everest could seem to reply with.

"okay. now shuffle the cards, then ask me a question." the woman instructed.

everest shuffled the worn cards and set them down in a kind face down. "i want to know whether i'm going to do good in the career field i'm in." everest told the woman, referring to her acting.

she nodded her head, "i see you prosperous. you're in a big gown with a lot of flashing cameras."

"like a red carpet at an award show?" everest questioned.