Chapter 11

Kensi's POV

19 seconds of my life kept replaying in my head, it was the only memory I had. I've been laying here for what feels like days and I just wish I could wake up. I miss my friends, I miss my holiday, my life and most of all I miss Ana. She means the world to me and I can't bear to leave her alone at such a bad time. I feel a tear trickle down my cheek and go to wipe it away when I realise i'm not just unconscious. I can hear voices around me, everywhere, but I can't open my eyes or move my limbs. I mentally sigh and reality hits me that I'm in a coma.

I lie in bed thinking about everything that's been happening in life, all the good times Ana and I have had on this holiday so far and I suddenly remember that not only does Ana need to know how I am but so does my family back home, my mum and brother. I'm a bit glad I don't have to see their reactions when they hear of what's happened. But pushing that thought aside I continue to think positive thoughts as multiple people, most probably nurses and doctors, constantly move around my body and insert needles into my skin. But one person that came in was definitely not a nurse. I could tell as soon as she entered the room because there was an eerily silence that accompanied her presence.

She sat down beside me and took my hand in hers, you have no idea how much I wanted to just move a millimetre, just enough to let her know that I was okay. I listened to her talk as she told me how everyone else was, she told me that she would call my family after this and no matter how many times she tried not to she couldn't restrict herself from asking questions. She knew she wouldn't get an answer but it was normal conversation.

She laid her head on my bed and continued to stroke the back of my hand with her thumb. A few seconds later noises filled the silence and I started to panic. I heard Ana scream and start to cry as her voice became distant letting me know she had been taken out of the room. The last thing I heard before everything went completely silent was her faint yelling coming from the corridor she was now in and I felt nothing more than sadness and pain.

Harry's POV

Seeing her lying there, staring at the wall across the waiting room pains me. She looks so lifeless and blank but her eyes hold pure sadness. She cried for a long time after she was pulled out of the room. It's now been 5 hours and she is just lying there, like she ran out of tears to cry. It pains me to see her like this, I would do anything to take all of that pain away from her and put it on me... anything.

"You should try get some sleep," I say to her quietly from the sofa seat across the room. " Let me take you home."

She just shakes her head, not moving her eyes from the blank wall in front of her. "I can't leave her," she replies blankly. "Home is wherever she is." I knew there was no point in pushing it because once she's made up gopher mind you can't change it.

"Well, at least let me get you something to eat," I ask leaning forward to put my elbows on my knees and rest my head in my hands. I'm not going to lie, I am so tired I can hardly keep my eyes open, but I can't just leave her here.

"I'm not hungry" she says, leaving her lips slightly parted and still not moving her eys from that damn wall. "Thanks though."

I was about to ask her if she wanted a drink but a figure coming towards us interrupted me.

"Hey," Liam breathed looking at Ariana's lifeless body lying on the couch and then back to me with sympathy in his eyes. acknowledge him with a small smile and then look back to Ari.

"The boys and I have decided to take shifts staying here with Ari, so you can go get some sleep, I'll take it from here," he announces, sitting on the chair next to mine.

I do feel relieved to finally be able to go get some sleep and be able to think clearly in this difficult time but at the same time I don't want to leave Ari here. She needs me. But since she's pretty close with Liam I give in and slowly walk towards the door after taking the hotel key from Liam and getting directions.

It takes 5 minutes to get to the hotel that we were staying in, which is really good because it won't be too much of a hassle to go to and from the hospital. The room that we are staying in is nice, it has 3 beds and a big couch that has obviously been slept on, they're probably trying not to spend too much since this was definitley not in our plans. I quietly close the door behind me, hoping not wake anyone as i do.

The couch looks very inviting, so I walk straight towards it and flop down. It doesn't take long until sleep invades me and all my thoughts and and worries disappear.

Ariana's POV

Everything sounds so distant, so dead. I couldn't eat, sleep, move. It didn't feel right to continue life as if nothing had happened because one of the worst things has happened. My best friend is in a coma. No one knows when she will wake up and I know the doctor said there might be a chance that she won't ever wake up but he only said that to scare me, I'm not going to believe it, I don't believe it.

Liam was lying on the sofa opposite me staring at the ceiling. He knows I don't want to talk so he stays quiet, occasionally turning his head to check on me. This time he checks his watch as well and speaks to me in a soft voice, still looking at the white ceiling.

"It's 8:03, Ari. You should try to sleep," he murmured still not moving his eyes.

I sighed and mumbled a 'Thanks Li' before slowly closing my eyes. I know he's right, I do need to sleep. It's now been a full day, 24 hours, since I last awoke from a deep slumber. All I could think about while I tried to sleep was the state Kenz was in and if she will ever be the same again. I couldn't relax, the sound of the beeping machines that indicated that something was wrong with Kenz kept filling my ears and they wouldn't stop. I keep rolling around on this tiny sofa trying to get a comfortable position but nothing seems to work. I grab the nearest cushion around me and cover my head with it trying to drown out the sound of the beeping and the doctors words that keep replaying in my head but it doesn't seem to work. My skin starts to go damp from my sweat and my breathing is getting heavier.

"Go away!" I yell from under the cushion.

I suddenly feel Liams arms wrap around my hot body and pull me up in to his chest calming me by stroking the back of my messy damp hair and holding me close. My tense body starts to relax in his presence and my sobs and cries are starting to decrease as I wrap my arms around him. We sit like that for at least 5 minutes with his chin on the top of my head and rocking from side to side. The rocking motion seems to calm me and within minutes the lack of sleep takes over and I fall asleep in his arms.