Chapter 28

Luke's POV

I was standing on the deck outside the studio looking at the view of Downtown LA when I felt a small hand wrap around my own. I looked to my left and saw Kensi leaning her head on my arm and I kissed the top of her head before bringing my arm up and placing it around her shoulders.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked Kenz while playing with a strand of her long, soft hair.

"Of course," I could hear the smile in her voice as she continued looking at the beautiful view.

"What happened in Paris?" I felt her shoulders tense and my hand stopped moving, resting on her head. She shifted onto her other foot and stayed silent for a while most probably trying to remember the life changing events.

"Ana and I arrived on a Saturday, I don't know the date which is weird cause I always remember dates and numbers, we went to the Eiffel Tower and did some shopping..." she trailed off. "That's all I remember." Her voice was almost a whisper and I turned her body to face me, pulling her in for a hug.

"You don't remember the accident?" I pulled away and smoothed her hair while looking her straight in the eyes. She shook her head and bit her lip before I pulled her in for another hug.

"I remember being in the hospital though, and that was scary," she moves her head so she can speak without her voice getting muffled in my shirt.

"Scary? I didn't think anything could scare you, especially after what you did yesterday," I smiled at the memory of her courage to stand up to Harry. She was feisty if you got on her bad side and I had to admit, it was kinda hot. I heard a small giggle escape her lips and she pulled away again looking at me.

"If anyone should be scared it should be Harry," I laughed and she joined in before her face fell and she looked towards the house, our conversation seeming as if it was on pause.

"She doesn't deserve to be treated like that," her small voice spoke through the silence and I hummed in response looking in the same direction to see Ari standing on the balcony outside Ashton's room clearing her thoughts. I can't believe Harry treated her the way he did. Don't get me wrong, he is a great guy and I can see why Ari likes him but when he goes and does something like that it makes me so angry.

"I was thinking I might take her out today, just a girls day."

"I think that's a great idea," I smiled down at her, "It will do her a world of good."

"Are you sure? I mean, do you mind? I know you had something planned for us at some point," She bit her lip again and looked guilty, like she'd just eaten the last slice of Michael's pizza.

"Take her out and have fun. We can do it another time," I reassured her.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive," I smiled again, gently pressing my lips to her forehead I wrapped my hand around hers and started leading her back to the house. She skipped inside pulling me along with her and picked up her knit cardigan that was draped over the armchair. Putting it on she slung her bag over her shoulder and grabbed her keys off the kitchen counter before walking back over to me. I laughed when she had to stand on her tip toes just to reach my cheek so I hepled her by bending down and she placed a delicate kiss there.

"Ana!" Kensi yelled up the stairs and was greeted by footsteps a few seconds later.

"C'mon," she smiled taking her best friends hand and rushing out the door, which in turn left Ari with a very confused expression on her face. I waved goodbye and closed the door behind them, laughing and shaking my head.

Kensi's POV

"Where are we going?" I heard Ana say from her place in the passengers seat. I looked in my rear view mirror and flicked my indicator on before switching lanes on the LA Motorway.