Chapter 29

Ariana's POV

I placed my last bag by the door and threw my hands up in the air remembering how I did this in Paris.

"Done!" I exclaim and I see Kensi turn her head from her position by the fridge before she runs over to me, engulfing me in a big hug.

"Let's go on tour!" She smiles widely and I pull away looking at her as she stands in shock.

"I remember," she whispers looking up and straight in my eyes. A small smile reaches her face. I smile back at her and hug her softly before walking over to the kitchen and helping her make the drinks.

"I don't remember the concert or the accident though," she sighs as she pulls two glasses from the overhead cupboard. I turn to face her, placing a lemon on the bench before crouching down to freezer height.

"I don't expect you to. So much happened that night and there were so many little details," I stood up and met her at the sink where she is filling up the glasses with cold water. I stood still beside her as she sliced the lemon.

"I'm really nervous, Ana," Kenz spoke quietly and I could hear a faint trace of worry in her voice. She stopped what she was doing and looked up at me with scared eyes. "What if it..."

"I know it's scary to think that last time this happened we didn't end up in a good place but we've been through enough on this trip and to end up there again would push us both over the edge. I know none of this was ever planned and that you've met people you never thought you would but just remember that you did this for us, you got the backstage passes to meet One Direction that night and they seemed to like us so that worked well. They made the decision to befriend us and ask us on these tours but they would never have gotten the chance if you hadn't got those tickets. Just remember that I'll be by your side the whole time, like I promised. We're meant to be in Paris still enjoying the view from our terrace and swinging on the egg chair but I know we would both much rather be here. We're surrounded by genuine and loving people who care about us and I don't think anyone could ask for more than that. I don't need you to trust anyone else on this but I need you to trust me, we will be okay, I promise."

Halfway through my speech I saw a small drop fall from Kensi's eye and I reached for her hands but when I was done I pulled her into a heartwarming hug and thankfully that seemed to make her feel better.

"I trust you Ana, I always will," she smiled weakly while still sniffling. I know she trusts me but just knowing that she trusts me with taking her on tour make me feel confident. I have no idea how it's going to be myself but I know that I'll do anything I can to protect her from having the same accident twice.

I snapped out of my thoughts when Calum emerged from the entranceway and place his suitcase next to mine. He slowly walked over to us, not saying a word, and pulled Kenz into a hug, his tall frame towering hers.

"I'll take care of you," he whispered in her ear and I heard her sniffle a 'thank you'. Picking up the two glasses I handed her one and she gratefully took it before walking upstairs to get her own luggage. We were soon joined by Michael and Ashton who wanted to play Twister while we waited for Kenz to be ready. I have to say, I've never played Twister with people who have such long limbs and I'm kinda thankful because it's easy for me to sneak my small frame between theirs.

After half an hour I collapse on top of Michael causing him to groan in pain as his body hits the wooden flooring. Ashton is laughing so hard I think he might cry and for a second I think I can hear Calum snorting. A small giggle and a deep chuckle filled my ears as I signalled for Calum to help pull me off Michael. I turned around to face Kenz and Luke who were standing by the door ready to go.