Chapter 24

Ashton's POV

I was sitting on the couch wrapped in the duvet that Ari and I recently shared, Kenz and the rest of the boys had gone out grocery shopping but I didn't feel like it so I stayed home and watched 'Pursuit Of Happiness' again, trying to imagine Ari still sitting beside me with tears rolling down her beautiful face. It had just come up to my favourite part when my phone started ringing on the coffee table. Kensi's face popped up and I quietly chuckle at the memory of that photo before clicking the green 'accept' button.

"Hey Kenz, what's up?" I speak in to my phone.

"Hey Ash, sorry to disturb you but will you please do me a favor?" She replies and I find it hard to tell what emotion her voice holds.

"Yea, Of course! What do you need?" I quickly say, hoping she will put me out of my misery.

"Could you please pick Ana up? I'm a bit busy at the moment," She replies before mumbling something to someone else in the background that sounded like 'By the way I have changed my mind, I want the original ones instead'.

"Right now? Why can't Harry drop her off?" I question.

"Because he never showed up," She sounds louder and a bit annoyed now.

"Seriously?!" I boom through my phone while jumping up from the couch, hoping I didn't deafen Kenz in the process.

Before she could reply I interrupt her by saying "I'm on my way" and hang up the phone. I can't believe that guy, what kind of repectable boyfriend does that? Especially to Ari!

Within seconds my car keys are dangling from my hand, I'm starting the car and racing out the driveway.

As I'm driving up to the park that Ari is at, I see her standing near a water fountain that is in the middle of a ring of flowers. I quickly park my car on the side of the road and barely turn it off before I am out of the car and jogging up to where Ari is. She smiles at me as soon as she sees me and starts walking towards me which starts to confuse me because she looks genuinely happy. I still pull her in to a hug hoping she will accept it, luckily she hugs me back still with a smile on her face.

"Thanks for being here, it means a lot," she talks while I hold her by her shoulders trying to examine her face for any signs of sadness or if she's lying.

"Anytime," I reply taking my hands away from her shoulders and stepping back before I lead her to my car and begin the drive home.

The whole drive home was pretty much made up of small talk and her asking me questions about what I have been doing when I should really ask her why she's not crying or sad or even angry at the jerk who left her standing there for nearly an hour! As soon as we were home I led her in side and I sat on the couch while she walked in to the kitchen before returning with a glass of water and sitting on the couch beside me.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask, warily.

She looks straight in to my eyes and sighs followed by a laugh. I look at her with a confused look.

"I know you would expect me to be angry or sad and have tears running down my face while I spill my feelings to you but I'm genuinely okay! He's in one of the biggest boy bands in the world and has so much to think about, I can't expect him to remember everything, he probably just lost track of time," she shrugs before taking a sip of her water.

"You're amazing Ari, any guy would be lucky to have you," I laugh shaking my head at how cool she is with Harry standing her up. "But just please don't be too nice and let him walk all over you," I say patting her on the head making her giggle.